No "Flirts" in ToB? (Slight SPOILER)

Guest Amadera

Guest Amadera

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble, but I would like to ask a small question, if I may:

Is it normal that the “flirts†with Angelo stop in ToB?

All was fine in Hell, I even kissed his cheek before fighting Irenicus for the last time :); however, after that, no more “flirt†option…

I am quite despondent. I can still speak to him about all other subjects – I even have a religion topic now, but it seems that the romance has died, by no fault of mine.

It should be noted that I have no other “romancable†characters in group, nor do I have the Sarevok/Romance installed.

Incidentally, I’ve also had a little pickle where he did not get kidnapped by Bodhi – was a bit disappointed, but no biggie, I ran with it. I am mentioning it just in case it may be related, or help in understanding the situation.

So, if anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

That aside, I would like to take this opportunity to state that this is the best romance mod I’ve ever tried, and I do believe I’ve tried them all. Xan comes second (bonded path from BG1).

Angelo is such a nice complex character – simple, really, and yet very deep.

The writing is witty, poignant, and very challenging for the player – candy for the brain. And the voicing is perfect.

All I’ve gotten from him, so far, is a kiss on the cheek, and nonetheless I’m totally immersed and want nothing more than to give him what, I believe, he’s never really had.

So thank you, Sister Vigilante, for all the hours you’ve invested in creating this mod, it’s truly priceless.

And thanks also to Kulyok for the coding, it surely helps in bringing it to life… :suspect:

Sincerely,

Amadera

Oh, it's no trouble, that's what the forum is for :)

It sounds to me like something went wrong in mid-SoA.

In SoA Angelo should:

-have a talk that begins with him singing, which begins the main lovetalks

-have a talk where he confesses his love

After the first talk, you get access to the first round of mild flirts, so that makes sense. It's not until the second that the romance becomes committed, which is what will make Bodhi kidnap him.

It's not a terribly long romance, so I don't suppose you played through SoA too quickly to give him a chance. You might have unconsciously offended him in one of the lovetalks, although I think that would break the romance entirely, so you'd stop seeing the flirts by the end of SoA. Do you remember the last talk you had with him?

Anyhow, it seems clear that the variable never went to committed and the game thinks the romance is inactive in ToB. What I would do, if you don't want to start your game over, is begin a new game by importing your PC into ToB, and have the fate spirit summon "Angelo, your lover." This would mean losing the equipment on your other characters. It's pretty obvious when the romance is active in ToB because he talks to you right away. It might seem jarring without the context of the late SoA lovetalks, but given his topic of conversation it's a bit jarring anyway :suspect:

Thanks so much for your kind words about the mod; it's great to know it continues to entertain people even after so long,

Best of luck,

SV

Thank you for the swift reply

I did have the song, but not the love confession. Can’t see why though, I did take my time in SoA, and was very careful not to offend him -- I know how sensitive he can be. :suspect:

But when came the time to do his SoA quest, I kept a save just in case I made a mistake. If memory serves it’s right after I get the lotus bag, so I will take it from there.

And if that doesn’t work, I’ll just restart SoA and not take Anomen – no biggie, I love the game.

I also had a bug where Anomen, for some strange reason, was convinced that my PC had… well spent the night with him. Ewww… as if!

In any case, I had to kick him out after Angelo’s quest because he kept wanting to have the “morning after talkâ€, which was not only awkward for my PC, but would surely have killed my Angelo romance.

Perhaps that had something to do with it, where the “normal Anomen content†or the “RE content for Anomen†went awry.

But now that I know what to look for, it will be much clearer. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it.

And about my kind words, ‘tis only the truth I speak. So long as there will be people discovering Baldur’s Gate, you will receive praise for your work, for it is truly well done. :)

Sincerely,

Amadera

All is well after all.

My SoA save was right before Spellhold. So, to be sure, I sped it up a bit with CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(999999), and the conversation I was missing before my ToB save was triggered. Romance is not fully active, yay!

So thanks again for taking the time to help, S.V. :suspect:

No problem :suspect:

All is well after all.

My SoA save was right before Spellhold. So, to be sure, I sped it up a bit with CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(999999), and the conversation I was missing before my ToB save was triggered. Romance is not fully active, yay!

So thanks again for taking the time to help, S.V. :)

Archived