Stuck in Ymmrt's Lair *Spoiler*

Guest thelebk

Guest thelebk

I have tracked amber to Ymmrt's Lair and I handled the bad guys on the first floor and spoke to the two npc's in the kitchen. I then went upstairs and took care of the demon. At this point there appears to be no way forward in the quest. There are two doors in the room, but nothing I do/use can open them. There are no secret doors on either level of the house to this point. No dialog option with the imp leads to anything, nor does kiling him. The Demon did not drop anything so no key or wardstone. None of the books in the library seem to act as keys for the sealed doors. Downstairs I can see the demon appear to attempt to take the meal to the master, but no kind of portal opens or any way forward is presented, just a cute cut scene.

I realize there must be something I am missing, but I am thoroughly stumped. Suggestions?

The demon on the second floor does drop a key. Try pressing Tab-key to highlight the dropped item. The key's ground icon is oragish-yellow and the carpet on the floor is red, so it can be hard to spot it.

Archived