Random encounter areas

Valiant

Now I don't know what we are arguing about at all. If you changed the graphics, you have to install them anyway. So why not just leave the original area untouched?

Because the changes I made in the .tis (art itsefl) are very minor ones, so the original area art is still 99% the same. In case I won´t replace that one area and just add my own one, it could happen that player will visit my area and in a few seconds later will face the same area (mean area art) as a random one (even the art is not entirely the same - 1% difference).

That´s why I need to deactivate original area and replace its another city random one... I think it´s not so hard to understand it ???

Btw,

wasn't there a probability mod action in ToB to alter the wmp random encounters?
which one is that?

Think of it also this way - modders will have another area where they can throw their new NPC, storekeepers, etc... :hm: Plus, there will be another tavern/inn (this one will be made in 3ds Max... hehehe)... :)

It should be fine. You could probably alter an existing area to use one of the other city maps rather than removing it outright, but it would increase the amount of stuff you have to package with your mod by quite a lot.

You'll have to check the IESDP for the specific action. It should allow you to set per-link RE probabilities (but if you're just using it for the art, you should just copy the WMP and replace all the references to the area you're taking over with another one).

but if you're just using it for the art, you should just copy the WMP and replace all the references to the area you're taking over with another one

Now, that´s exactly I intend to do... Replace all references to the modified area in WMP (I found 4 references in area links so far) with another city random area.

Thanks, devSin.

Archived