Fiends galore

Tonton Fred

Reposting from SHS, where this didn't get any reply :

Hi,

I'm planning a BWP install including Spell Revisions, SCSII and aTweaks (in that order, as done by the BWS). As all these mods change in one way or another the behavior of fiends, I would like to know what would the end result be.

Would all fiends in my install come from the last installed mod (aTweaks) ? Or would I get different fiends whether they are in-world creatures/summoned by the party/summoned by NPCs ?

Would the SCS AI be able to handle them correctly ?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Fred

I'm quite sure I recently answered to a post like this, but I cannot find it anymore.

Long story short:

* SR's fiends are designed to work with SCSII ones (or without it if necessary). If both mods are installed SR handles summoned fiends (and SCS uses them for AI too) while SCS handles all the other in-world creatures. SR and SCS fiends have almost identical stats, and the same powers, thus you really shouldn't notice any difference between them.

* aTweak's fiends are hugely different than SR and SCS ones in terms of stats, power level (SR/SCS ones are more powerful), special abilities and even in terms of AI scripts (e.g. how they react to Protection from Evil). That's because aVENGER has made them as per AD&D, while I and David have made them more similar to 3rd edition. Anyway, installing aTweak after SR and SCS should give you the option to replace each and every fiend with its own.

Thus it's simply a matter of deciding which ones you prefer. :)

I'm quite sure I recently answered to a post like this, but I cannot find it anymore.

Yes, I also remember a discussion with aVENGER about this, but cannot find it. Maybe it was at SHS... Oops, here it is.

Long story short...

Thanks. aTweaks actually has 2 separate components for in-world & summons, so you could even mix different mods' fiends depending on whether they are summoned or not (but that would be messy)...

Archived