Uninstalling BG2 spells component

Guest Guest_sam_*

Guest Guest_sam_*

I was wondering whether it's possible to uninstall an SCS component while already playing a game (the party's already out of the Nashkel mines and I don't really feel like doing it all over again)? The component in question is the "BG2 spells" one, at first I thought it'd be fun but in hindsight some of the spells (stoneskin more than anything) don't seem balanced for BG1. Will uninstalling the component negatively impact my savegames in any way?

Thanks in advance

sam

I was wondering whether it's possible to uninstall an SCS component while already playing a game (the party's already out of the Nashkel mines and I don't really feel like doing it all over again)? The component in question is the "BG2 spells" one, at first I thought it'd be fun but in hindsight some of the spells (stoneskin more than anything) don't seem balanced for BG1. Will uninstalling the component negatively impact my savegames in any way?

Thanks in advance

sam

I don't think it will have very much negative effect. The only thing I can think of is that any wizards/priests in areas you've already been to will keep their BG2 spells but change their scripts so as not to use them, hence becoming a bit less effective. It won't be dramatic, though, and it won't affect enemies in places you haven't been.

Archived