Description Updates for Universal clubs

vinni_puk

hi everybody,

i have universal clubs installed with no problem, but the aforementioned component "refuses" to get installed (and getting me more and more frustrated).

i get this message (from debug file):

SKIPPING: [Description Updates for Universal

Clubs Component]

This component is not available in your language.

but the chosen language is english!!! how can i get this going?

from the Setup-BG2_Tweaks.tp2, right under "Universal clubs description updates" block:

BEGIN @205000 DESIGNATED 2050

GROUP @9

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-BG2_Tweaks.tp2~ ~2040~ @205001

REQUIRE_PREDICATE ("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "chinese" = 0) @7 // chinese only (english/german/italian/spanish patched above).

do you understand why this component is skipped?

Because it's Chinese-only. As the text itself says, English, German, Italian, and Spanish are patched above.

thanks, it`s simply that i do not literally comprehend why in the dos window during installation only the "skipping the component" line is showing, without any advice regarding the "descriptions" being installed automatically with the club component.

still, it does not explain the logic behind this.

so, if someone installs the universal club component in french, italian , spanish etc, the description would be automatically installed as well?

why give the option to install it, in the first place?

i find it confusing...at least.

however, i`m simply terrorified by the idea to hose my megamod installation just for a small "description" issue, let`s call it so.

ok, finger crossed, let`s go on with it.

thanks again.

See here.

This component was optional because it used a method of changing descriptions that was not compatible with other mods.

The new Universal Clubs component uses a method of changing descriptions that is compatible with other mods. The reason the description updating component is not completely deprecated is that we don't have the info required to update Chinese descriptions the same way.

See here.

This component was optional because it used a method of changing descriptions that was not compatible with other mods.

The new Universal Clubs component uses a method of changing descriptions that is compatible with other mods. The reason the description updating component is not completely deprecated is that we don't have the info required to update Chinese descriptions the same way.

thanks for your time to explain this.

point is i`m installing in english\german and having this option skipped because the chinese language is not updated got me totally confused. (in the BWP guide v9.3 this component is referred to as component 2050 and nothing says it`s going to be skipped, from here the misunderstanding).

Archived