SR and DR - Arcane only?

Starsword

A quick question and suggestion:

I like the idea of Divine Remix, but also like the Arcane spells from Spell Revisions. Is it possible to just load the Arcane spells from SR after loading DR? If this is so, then SR should have the ability to load Divine, Arcane or both :)

Thanks for cool mod...

Hey, well then. You can probably wait for my Faiths and Avatars mod which brings improved sphere system and kits for Clerics, and it'll for sure be fully compatible with Spell Revision mod. (currently I think about this mod as requirement, so ... )

I like the idea of Divine Remix, but also like the Arcane spells from Spell Revisions. Is it possible to just load the Arcane spells from SR after loading DR? If this is so, then SR should have the ability to load Divine, Arcane or both :laugh:
I'm almost sure Mike was working to make them compatible...

Anyway, installing only arcane spells is quite easy as it's just a matter of commenting out that part of the tp2 as described in the readme (though extended to the whole set of spells). I can do it for you if necessary, but the end result is obviously not perfect.

I could suggest like yarpen to wait for Kit Revisions, but I won't, because everyone should know by now that I always take quite a lot of time to release my mods, and I can't suggest you to wait 4-6 months. :)

Personally I don't see much reason for that. It'd be far easier for you to copy-edit DR kits so you'll gain special abilities and stuff without all of the spheres stuff. I'm a huge fan of DR still I think in current shape without adding any spells it's broken. And current shape of SR's divine spellbooks is far more balanced and just better. I don't want to give DR a bad face, but:

Helm: 3 spells at 4th spell level

Shar: 4 spells at 6th spell level

Kossuth: 5 spells at 7th spell level

Oozemaster: 2 spells at 2nd spell level

And Demi, I meant my little mod. :3 I've covered up nearly everything and I'm starting to add missing spells from Player's Handbook. If you're interested (maybe some of them are going to be worthy of implementing them in Spell Revision):

1st level: Faerie Fire (Weather)

2nd level: Fire Trap (Elemental Fire), Dust Devil (Elemental Air), Wyvern Watch (Guardian), Obscurement (Weather)

3rd level: Prayer (Combat), Spike Growth (Plant), Snare (Plant)

4th level: Repel Insects (Animal, Protection), Imbue with Spell Ability (Charm), Cloak of Bravery (Charm), Sticks to Snakes (Plant), Plant Door (Plant), Abjure (Summoning)

5th level: Spike Stones (Elemental Earth)

6th level: Anti-Animal Shell (Animal, Protection), Word of Recall (Summoning)

7th level: Changestaff (Plant, Creation), Reincarnate (Animal), Symbol: Hopelessness (Guardian), Symbol: Pain (Guardian), Symbol: Persuasion (Guardian)

But yeah, time of release is something like 2020. :)

And Demi, I meant my little mod. :3 I've covered up nearly everything and I'm starting to add missing spells from Player's Handbook. If you're interested (maybe some of them are going to be worthy of implementing them in Spell Revision):
Some of those spells are already within SR (Faerie Fire, Fire Trap), few others are already in my "wish list" (e.g. Spike Growth, Spike Stones), most others are not (e.g. Reincarnate? How the hell can it work in BG?), and I also have few other interesting spells in mind (e.g. Smashing Wave, Whirlwind).

Thanks for input...

I guess the ideal is to simply have all the spells do what they are supposed to do and have modders like you all add some spice to them within reason. I'll probably skip the DR and just go with SR then. I hate bugs (nerd in me - I'm currently busy adding genders to all creature that don't have them in EasyTutu as one example), so I go with the most stable solution out there.

Hey...for the Whirlwind...how about calling it the "Airburst" spell and use something like the fireball spell - except it does physical damage instead of fire? Smashing Wave could use the Agannazar's Scorcher spell and again use physical damage instead of fire.

Reincarnate?

Well, it's a Ressurection alternative for Druids. After casting this spell character is ressurected but is locked in form of animal for next x hours. Slightly more annoying, and at 7th level - but probably a good thing for to slightly improve Druids.

Reincarnate?
Well, it's a Ressurection alternative for Druids. After casting this spell character is ressurected but is locked in form of animal for next x hours. Slightly more annoying, and at 7th level - but probably a good thing for to slightly improve Druids.
Personally I don't like the concept (to resurrect as an animal and then turn back to the old body? :) ), but my main "concern" is that I don't think druid should have as much "necromantic" spells as clerics, I prefer to make them more different instead of trying to grant both classes similar abilities. Anyway, it's a matter of tastes, and it's surely not a game-breaking spell.
Personally I don't like the concept (to resurrect as an animal and then turn back to the old body? ), but my main "concern" is that I don't think druid should have as much "necromantic" spells as clerics, I prefer to make them more different instead of trying to grant both classes similar abilities. Anyway, it's a matter of tastes, and it's surely not a game-breaking spell.

Well, it's based on PnP concept but quite different. In original it was also spell from Necromantic sphere, which as far as I remember to resurrect creatures which couldn't be resurrected by normal manners - and they were ressurected as animal.

Well, I woudln't like normal Ressurection for druids too, but when it's at 7th level, heals 4-40 hit points and leaves you in shape of animal. I'm not sure about making it last 8 hours. Maybe it'd be better to have it dispellable? Because 8 hours is just one "rest" click. And dispel isn't always effective.

Remember that you've got Changestaff spell in SR as well! It summons Treant or Moumbling Shambler. I also think that this little spell: Repel Insects (Animal, Protection) would resolve many of the player's and modders problem. I wasn't sure about this one because there is 1st level spell which protects you and your party against 1HD and less insects (and agains Summon Insects spells) but I think it was OP. That's why I'm reproducing this effect as 4th level spell (I will probably change it's name).

Archived