Minor suggestions

Guest Yaltan

Guest Yaltan

Just a couple of minor changes/tweaks I thought I would bring up. They relate to SCS and SCSII, but since I thought of them on my current TUTU run I thought I would put them here.

Firstly, it would be nice for TUTU players if the spell tweaks that are relevant to both BG1 and BG2 were available in both games, for consistencies sake. Looking through, whats missing to achieve this at the moment is:

Skull trap and Melfs meteors SCSII tweaks available for TUTU games

Protection from Normal missiles tweak in BG2 games

Neither of these is going to have a big impact on gameplay, obviously, but it would give me a warm fuzzy feeling for spells to stay the same from BG1 to TOB (and in a couple of places it might actually make some difference).

Secondly, I 100% understand the option to remove arrows of dispelling from stores, as they are rather overpowered. On the other hand, in TUTU especially (though would be a nice option in SCSII as well) I don't feel an little extra anti-magic power for the party is a bad thing. I was wondering if a nerf might be possible as another option, perhaps adding a save first as per carsomyr? So that anti-magic becomes something archers can do, rather than archers being *the* answer to SCS buffed mages.

As ever, thanks for all the work, SCS is what keeps the game fresh for me and many others I'm sure.

Just a couple of minor changes/tweaks I thought I would bring up. They relate to SCS and SCSII, but since I thought of them on my current TUTU run I thought I would put them here.

Firstly, it would be nice for TUTU players if the spell tweaks that are relevant to both BG1 and BG2 were available in both games, for consistencies sake. Looking through, whats missing to achieve this at the moment is:

Skull trap and Melfs meteors SCSII tweaks available for TUTU games

Protection from Normal missiles tweak in BG2 games

Neither of these is going to have a big impact on gameplay, obviously, but it would give me a warm fuzzy feeling for spells to stay the same from BG1 to TOB (and in a couple of places it might actually make some difference).

I'm fairly reluctant to do this, for different reasons in each case.

In the case of Skull Trap and Melf, I can't think of a single situation in which it would actually affect a BG1 game. I think including components that make no actual difference tends to confuse players, especially those relatively new to the mod. In the case of PNM, the specific reasons I introduced it (BG1 mages can't protect themselves from PC archers) don't really apply in BG2, thanks to Stoneskin and PMW.

However, if you want that warm fuzzy feeling, I don't think anything prevents you installing the relevant components from SCS on a BG2 playthrough, or vice versa.

Secondly, I 100% understand the option to remove arrows of dispelling from stores, as they are rather overpowered. On the other hand, in TUTU especially (though would be a nice option in SCSII as well) I don't feel an little extra anti-magic power for the party is a bad thing. I was wondering if a nerf might be possible as another option, perhaps adding a save first as per carsomyr? So that anti-magic becomes something archers can do, rather than archers being *the* answer to SCS buffed mages.

That's worth considering. I'll think about it.

As ever, thanks for all the work, SCS is what keeps the game fresh for me and many others I'm sure.

Thanks - that's very kind.

Archived