BG2 fixpack on windows 7 64 bit

Every time I try to extract BG2 fixpack, it gives me an error that says, "Windows cannot find 'C:\Baldurs Gate\bg2_fixpack-v9.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I am running Windows 7 64 bit home. I ran it as an administrator and also used the compatibility mode function to run it as Windows XP (service pack 3). But I get this error every time. I'm VERY new to all this modding stuff. NEED HELP!!!

Every time you extract BG2 fixpack from the archive, or every time you try to run it?

If you're getting this on archive extraction, it might be that the file is corrupted somehow. You might try to redownload the archive and see if that helps.

If it's when you try to run the mod itself, it might be that you're trying to run it in a directory that's not the game directory, and the mod is having a fit trying to find the files to update. When you extract the mod from the archive, you should do it into the root Baldur's Gate Directory (C:\Baldurs Gate\ in your case, it seems). You should then run it direct from there.

Every time you extract BG2 fixpack from the archive, or every time you try to run it?

If you're getting this on archive extraction, it might be that the file is corrupted somehow. You might try to redownload the archive and see if that helps.

If it's when you try to run the mod itself, it might be that you're trying to run it in a directory that's not the game directory, and the mod is having a fit trying to find the files to update. When you extract the mod from the archive, you should do it into the root Baldur's Gate Directory (C:\Baldurs Gate\ in your case, it seems). You should then run it direct from there.

Thanks very much for your help. I seem to get the error message every time I try to run it. I'm running it in the root Baldur's Gate directory. That's what is so confusing. I don't think that the file is corrupt. I have downloaded multiple copies thinking that could be the problem, but with the same effects.

Archived