Uninstall not working in setup

Guest Guest Splawheel

Guest Guest Splawheel

I am finding the tactical "improved" Irenicus (V15 tactics hybrid...from the wiedu log) in hell to be a component that is not for me. So I want to uninstall it via setup-scsii, but when given the option nothing happens and I am asked again what I want to do. N skips it and Q quits. R might work but I certainly don't want to reinstall it and U does nothing (neither does V just in case). I have extensive mods (mostly quest and npc related, SR, RR, BG2 tweaks and SCSII are the only tweak/AI/tactics related mods).

I did use generalized biffing but have been able to use setup to make very minor changes to other mods. It's a pretty stable install so I'd like to keep it, but I have no interest in playing out the Hell end battle as is (.....urge to rant subsiding). What are my options here. I would like to play the vanilla end battle with SCSII scripts/etc. but if I can't uninstall this component do I have to just take my final save and move on to TOB. Worse, I chose the: watchers keep between hell and TOB component from BG2 tweaks, so does that mean if I can't get this uninstalled and beat the game do I miss out on watchers' keep? Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

OK, I can reproduce this. The simplest solution is to uninstall at the command line.

- Open a command line window (cmd.exe - run it from the "search programs and files" bar on the start menu in Vista/Win7, or the "run" bar on the start menu in earlier versions).

- navigate to your BG2 directory (type "cd c:\program files\baldurs gate II - SoA", or whatever your path actually is)

- type "setup-scsii --force-uninstall 7078"

I'll fix the installer in the next release.

(As for the component itself, blame Weimer! - all I did was let his creatures use my AI)

Guest Splawheel
OK, I can reproduce this. The simplest solution is to uninstall at the command line.

- Open a command line window (cmd.exe - run it from the "search programs and files" bar on the start menu in Vista/Win7, or the "run" bar on the start menu in earlier versions).

- navigate to your BG2 directory (type "cd c:\program files\baldurs gate II - SoA", or whatever your path actually is)

- type "setup-scsii --force-uninstall 7078"

I'll fix the installer in the next release.

(As for the component itself, blame Weimer! - all I did was let his creatures use my AI)

Thanks for such a quick response! I am attempting your solution and get the following error message:

[setup-scsii] WeiDU version 22700

ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!

Sys_error("setup-scsii: No such file or directory")

[setup-scsii] Using scripting style "BG2"

Using Language [English]

Returning to setup-scsii via normal methods show that the component is still installed as does re-initiating the end battle in game. Is there any information you need to help determine why the force uninstall didn't find the right files?

And yes, I know you are not to blame for the specifics of the component so even though I'd love nothing more than to complain, I'll do so in the appropriate venue.

I don't know, sorry. Someone more familiar with the syntax of WEIDU might be able to help, but I can't reproduce this behaviour.

If you can't sort it out otherwise, a simple workaround is to destroy Irenicus at the console. Enable cheat mode and CTRL-Y him, killing him instantly. (If you're not sure how to do this, google Baldur's gate cheat mode; if that doesn't work, ask again here.)

Apologies that this has been a problem. The original issue, at least, is a silly coding error on my part.

Guest Splawheel
I don't know, sorry. Someone more familiar with the syntax of WEIDU might be able to help, but I can't reproduce this behaviour.

If you can't sort it out otherwise, a simple workaround is to destroy Irenicus at the console. Enable cheat mode and CTRL-Y him, killing him instantly. (If you're not sure how to do this, google Baldur's gate cheat mode; if that doesn't work, ask again here.)

Apologies that this has been a problem. The original issue, at least, is a silly coding error on my part.

I'll go with that solution then, at least I'll get all the dialogue and cut scenes. Thanks for your help.

Archived