Bug Report: Trademeet Djinnis don't go hostile

Jeff W

Title says it all. I buffed up with protection from electricity and petrification+standard buffs, then attacked and killed Tauqee with skull trap and force-attack minute meteors while running around hasted. He followed me, but stayed blue the entire time and never cast a spell or talked to me. I then attacked the djinnis in the tent with sunfire, they followed me out and I force-attacked them with meteors. Neither went hostile or cast spells.

Edit: I never entered dialogue with the genies before attacking. No idea if this makes a difference.

I just tested this. For me, if you go through the dialogue and tell them you are going to destroy them, all the tent genies go hostile. Both inside and outside the tent. If you just force attack one of them while they still have a blue circle only the genie that you attacked seems to go hostile. He will chase you around and swing his scimitar at you (and do damage if he hits) while still having a blue circle. The other genies will just stand there with blue circles and watch. Are you certain that this is a result of scsII though? Maybe this happens in the vanilla game too. I guess the workaround is to go through the dialogue before attacking. But the behavior you are getting sounds slightly different from what I am getting. I currently have BG2TOB+patch+bg2fixpack+bg2tweaks+scsII+DAportraits installed and nothing else. And fwiw I do have the scsII component "smarter genies" installed. Or at least it's supposed to be. This should really be tested without the "smarter genies" component installed. Maybe they are now so smart that they have become pacifists.

Are you certain that this is a result of scsII though? Maybe this happens in the vanilla game too. I guess the workaround is to go through the dialogue before attacking. But the behavior you are getting sounds slightly different from what I am getting.

Good point, I did not think to check whether this is a vanilla game bug and I don't want to mess with my install mid game. Regardless, djinn smart enough to defend themselves would be a useful thing to add to the smarter djinn component if it's not too much trouble. The behaviour in your game is probably identical to mine... I just never let them into melee range.

Just checked with an installation of bg2tob+patch+bg2fixpack+bg2tweaks. No scsII. If I force attack any of the genies they all go hostile with a red circle and attack and do damage. Even the genie outside the tent. So this does look like a scsII specific issue, albeit a minor one since there is an easy enough workaround.

Archived