Possible Bug Report: TobEx and SCSII's compatibility with SR

Guest Knightm724

Guest Knightm724

Although SCSII is supposed to be compatible with SR, I'm having some compatibility issues with the two mods. At first, I thought it was a mod that I had installed between SR and SCSII, but after uninstalling those mods the problems still existed, and some feedback I got on the SR forum seemed to indicate that it might be a problem with the way TobEx works. Are there any possible fixes? I'll post some of the bugs below:

1) some of the spells that SR changed (and that changed successfully) before installation of SCSII are no longer changed (i.e. Armor is supposed to be replaced by "Mage Armor" but isn't).

2) Some spells that are supposed to appear (dimension door) on the spell selection screen do not appear at all.

3) Some icons appear (i.e. a lightning icon) on the spell selection screen that do not have any spell description.

If it changes anything, I do have the component from SR installed that removes the disabled spells. That eliminated some of the extra spell icons, but not all of them, and did not fix the other issues.

Any feedback you could provide would be appreciated. This looks like an excellent AI modification mod and I'm eager to try it once I can get it to work with SR.

Although SCSII is supposed to be compatible with SR, I'm having some compatibility issues with the two mods. At first, I thought it was a mod that I had installed between SR and SCSII, but after uninstalling those mods the problems still existed, and some feedback I got on the SR forum seemed to indicate that it might be a problem with the way TobEx works. Are there any possible fixes? I'll post some of the bugs below:

1) some of the spells that SR changed (and that changed successfully) before installation of SCSII are no longer changed (i.e. Armor is supposed to be replaced by "Mage Armor" but isn't).

2) Some spells that are supposed to appear (dimension door) on the spell selection screen do not appear at all.

3) Some icons appear (i.e. a lightning icon) on the spell selection screen that do not have any spell description.

1) I think this was already reported once some time ago and it was caused by Kelsey mod, but I'm not 100% sure.

2 & 3) I don't know, I'll try to look into it.

There has been indeed a huge amount of new issues and reports since SCS V19 started to force ToBEx on install, but both authors (David and A64) are not around lately and more often than not I'm unable to do much. ;) It's a real shame considering less recent SCS versions and SR V3 worked together extremely well with no problems reported for quite a long time. :p

Guest Knightm724

1) I think this was already reported once some time ago and it was caused by Kelsey mod, but I'm not 100% sure.

2 & 3) I don't know, I'll try to look into it.

There has been indeed a huge amount of new issues and reports since SCS V19 started to force ToBEx on install, but both authors (David and A64) are not around lately and more often than not I'm unable to do much. ;) It's a real shame considering less recent SCS versions and SR V3 worked together extremely well with no problems reported for quite a long time. :p

As a short-term fix would installing an older version of SCSII work? or has too much been changed?

Also, I read your response on the SR forum to my similar post, but Im not sure how to run a "change log" for the spell. If you let me know how to though, I'd be happy to run it.

As a short-term fix would installing an older version of SCSII work? or has too much been changed?
Using an older versions of SCS without ToBEx should indeed be a temporary solution to get rid of all these issues. You lose the newest components but you fall back to a more issue free version. I don't remember which was the most stable version of SCS though.

Also, I read your response on the SR forum to my similar post, but Im not sure how to run a "change log" for the spell. If you let me know how to though, I'd be happy to run it.
Sure. I couldn't explain better than Jarno did here.

ToBEx installation with SCS is configurable

It's also possible to make a few more fine-tuned install options by editing the file scsii/scsii.ini. (This must be done before installing the mod.) This file can be edited in a text editor. Each line consists of a configuration option, then a space, then a number. The only thing you should edit is the number.

The current configuration options are:

Mage_Level_Add - this value (which can be positive or negative) is added to the level of all mages in the game (subject to a minimum level of 1 and a maximum of 40).

Mage_Level_Scale - this value (which must be a positive integer, and defaults to 100) is applied as a percentage scale to the level of all mages in the game (subject to a minimum level of 1 and a maximum of 40). So if you set it to 125, all mages will be 25 percent higher level than in the baseline install. Mage_Level_Scale is evaluated before Mage_Level_Add.

Priest_Level_Add, Priest_Level_Scale - as above, but for priests

Sendai_Component_Is_Sendai_Only - this is a favour to Loz. If set to 1, the Sendai's Enclave component only enhances the final encounter with Sendai.

AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items - set this to 1 if you want to experiment with the computer not being able to tell when your magic items protect you. (This will probably cause some odd behaviour.)

Conceal_Prebuff_Spell_Names - set this to 1 if you don't want pre-buffing wizards and priests to display strings like "Stoneskin (cast previously)" when their buffs go up.

Force_No_HLA_Repeats - set this to 1 if you have a mod (like Vilkacis') installed that allows wizards and priests to learn HLAs as if they were innate abilities rather than spells, and you don't want enemy wizards and priests to take more than one of each ability. (If you're planning on taking more than one of each yourself, be ashamed.)

Disable_ToBEx - set this to one to disable ToB Extender. (If you don't know what this means, don't do it.)

Disable_Hacks_If_ToBEx_Skipped - set this to one to prevent Taimon's hacks being used as a backup if ToBEx is disabled. (If you don't know what this means, don't do it.)

Disable_SSL_compilation - set this to 1 if you want to stop Stratagems Scripting Language scripts from being compiled. (Never do this, it will break the game. It's only for my convenience.)

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I know we can disable ToBex by going into the config file - but it would be nice to have an option on install not to hack the exe for convenience sake. The bugs are a bit too much to have an enjoyable playthrough with.

Archived