6. changed ini file:

CD1:=E:\CD1\

CD2:=C:\BGDISK\CD2

CD3:=C:\BGDISK\CD3

CD4:=C:\BGDISK\CD4

CD5:=C:\BGDISK\CD5

CD6:=E:\CD6\

7. ran widescreen v3.05

I did this yesterday for Torment and it worked fine. Please help.

Guest nhughes0418

OK, I realized the file that was missing is on the ToTSC disk, so copied the "cd6" folder from the CD into my C:BGDISK folder and changed the .ini line to CD6:=C:\BGDISK\CD6. I tried installing the mod again and it said it installed "with warnings". Now when I try to start the game I get this error: "An assertion failed in D:\Dev\Baldur\UIControlButtons.cpp at line number 302"

the steps you took to do a full install just don't seem right.

Here is what you should do for a full install:

1. Run BG Installer
    • choose CUSTOM option
    • select all items
    • IF using Win Vista or Win 7 DO NOT install to default location, choose something else like "C:\games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate"
    • when informed that there isn't enough hard drive space tell it to proceed anyway.

[*]Run ToTSC Installer

• choose CUSTOM option
  • select all items
  • when informed that there isn't enough hard drive space tell it to proceed anyway.

[*]Install ToTSC 5512 patch.

if you do a full install, as I've lined out you shouldn't need to change any location settings in your ini file.

I also think that doing the above will solve that assertion error too. Could be something else at work as well tho...

Guest nhughes0418

OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, changed the .ini file and reinstalled the mod. This time it said it installed successfully, but I still got these error messages in the process:

ERROR: BIFF [C:BGDISK\CD5/DATA/AREA110.A.BIF] has file entries 0-14, cannot extract file at entry 15 <this BIFF and your KEY file don't match>

ERROR: BIFF [C:BGDISK\CD5/DATA/AREA110.A.BIF]: unable to extract file 15

Any idea what this means? I just started the game from the beginning and it seems to be working fine so far.....

Archived