UI is being cut off in IDW1

ToastMan

I own the GoG version of IWD. I installed the Widescreen mod, but almost every resolution that I input, the GUI is being cut off on every side of the screen. The only resolution that I found to work was: 1768x992. This makes everything too small, so I can't really play on this resolution. I tried other resolutions with the same ratio, but none worked.

I should note that I'm using an hdtv rather than a PC monitor. Windows recommends 1920x1080, but I found that 1824x1026 is the proper resolution for this monitor since UI's got cut off in some modern games when they were set to 1080p.

Thanks in advance.

There's definitively something wrong with your monitor or drivers if this happens (especially if it happens in other games).

The difference is that choosing 1824x1026(which I guess is the true native) in other games works fine. Setting the same resolution in the mod results a cut off UI.

going out on a limb here....

I have a digital TV that has a PC monitor line input. When I use it with my computer, I have to correct the screen position each time. My windows desktop gets cut off, game interfaces cut off etc... It's a simple fix to go into the TV's menu and tell it to auto correct the screen position.

Why not take a look around and see if there is some sort of auto or manual correction you can do to the TV when using it as a PC monitor? You may find that you can actually use the recommended ratio.

I looked around and it doesn't seem like there's an option to auto resize the screen from the TV menu. The only thing that gets close is an option to adjust the screen position, but it's very limited. Only horizontal movement is activated and it only allows me to move it 3 clicks in each direction. It doesn't really matter anyway since I need an option to scale the picture rather then re-position it.

Archived