widescreen no effect?

Guest Zef

hi there. Great job on one of the prettier BG2 mods out there! Having a few difficulties on recent install tho. 2 months ago installed widescreen mod, and worked perfectly! Recently had to reset laptop to factory defaults, and installed again. Mod claims to have installed successfully but has no impact to screen width, even though i am using exactly same pixel sizes as before. I have used all same mods as previously too, and didn't d/l anything extra for this install. (have AMD radeon) running windows 7 mods and same mods installed in same order on both occassions:

BG2: SoA

BG2: ToB

ToB: patch #26498

Mod: G3 BG2 Fixpack v9

Mod: Unfinished Business v19 (NOT restore minor dialogues)

Mod: Banterpacks v12

Mod: Questpack v2.3 (NOT revised hall trials)

Mod: Dungeon Crawl v5

Mod: Assassinations v8

Mod: Tower of Deception (ToD) v3.2.1

Mod: G3 BG2 Tweakpack v9 (NOT Convenience Tweaks / Cheats)

Mod: Widescreen v3.05

Thanks for any help...

Since you have Windows 7, you should follow these instructions in order to avoid problems. Windows 7 (and probably all new ones) is protecting "C:\Program Files", so it's safer to install somewhere else. Did you?

You need to provide more details on your laptop screen resolution and the resolution you told Widescreen. Could you describe what you get, or even post a screenshot.

There are also two files that would help to understand: WeiDU.log and setup-Widescreen.DEBUG. There are in the game directory. You can open them with notepad. Please post them here or upload to some file sharing site and make a link.

Thank you.

Thanks for your prompt reply. When i read it, a light bulb clicked on in my head: i'd mistakenly entered the max resolution used in the BG config program, not the desktop resolution. Uninstalled BG widescreen and reinstalled it again using the higher desktop resolution and it was fixed. Great to know that product is still supported...kudos!

Archived