ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in: dialog.tlk

Guest Sarielle

Guest Sarielle

Everything extracts, then this is the error I get.

1)My BG2 game is installed to G:\Baldurs Gate II

2) I am using BGT, so I'm sticking the NPC project installer in G:\Baldurs Gate II\BGT

I tried doing a search on these forums for that error, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to have to do with it. I will note that there ISN'T a dialog.tlk file in that BGT folder. Should there be? BG1 started up just fine after I installed BGT.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Bah, and looks like I can't edit. Anyway, here's the debug:

WeiDU v 22400 Log

G:\Baldurs Gate II\BGT\setup-bg1npc.exe

[../CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 679348 bytes

[../CHITIN.KEY] 258 BIFFs, 47974 resources

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:

dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

WeiDU Timings

loading files 0.002

stuff not covered elsewhere 0.029

unmarshal KEY 0.045

TOTAL 0.076

1)My BG2 game is installed to G:\Baldurs Gate II

2) I am using BGT, so I'm sticking the NPC project installer in G:\Baldurs Gate II\BGT

I don't know where you got this idea from, but it's just wrong. I'm wondering if you're confusing BGT and EasyTutu. EasyTutu indeed creates its own environment, separate from of BG II, so you have to install mod in the EasyTutu directory. On the contrary, with BGT, every should be done in the BG II directory instead.

BGT is a mod like every other as far as WeiDU is concerned. You are actually making a BG II mod installation when you install BGT. BGT is among the mods you install on BG II. And BG1 NPC is just another mod you need to install on BG II. So you need to extract it the BG II directory, not in the BGT sub-directory.

To make it short, all the mods you want to install together with BGT need to go in the BG II directory.

I tried doing a search on these forums for that error, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to have to do with it. I will note that there ISN'T a dialog.tlk file in that BGT folder. Should there be? BG1 started up just fine after I installed BGT.

The dialog.tlk file is a game file (not a mod specific file), it is in the BG II directory. If you extract BG1 NPC in the BG II directory, the setup will find the file and should install the mod successfully.

I'm not sure why you talk about BG1 though. What BGT does is to import into BG II a lot of things from BG1, so that you can play the BG1 adventure while running the BG II executable. So you need to run BG II in order to play with BGT (and BG1 NPC).

BGT doesn't change BG1, so you will notice no change from the original game if you run BG1.

PS: you need to register on the forum and log in your user account to edit your posts.

Archived