An Installation Order Confirmation

achobo

I'm planning on playing through Tutu started with the install order guide provided here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122, but there are a few mods that I'd like to use that aren't on that list. Searching the internet has given me other install order instructions for the mods I'd like to add, but they are always missing some of those on the original list I'd also like to use. Using my intuition in guessing the install order has led to some problems which I'll elaborate on below. First, the install order I'm trying:

Games:

Full Game Install BG/BG2/ToB

BG: No Patch, 3-disc The Original Saga Package

BG2: Patch 26498

Tutu:

EasyTutu ToB

Easytutu Hotfix

EasyTutu Degreenifier

Mods:

Baldur's Gate Mini-quests and Encounters

BG1UB

BG1 NPC Project

One Pixel Productions

Sword and Fist

SimDing0's D0tweaks (only Sensible Lore)

Rogue Rebalancing

Spell Revision

Item Revision

BG2 Tweakpack

Sword Coast Strategems

EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer

Widescreen Mod

There are two main problems I get from this install order, although I've only played to the Friendly arm Inn because of the problems. First, monsters tend to stand around doing nothing until I engage them. For example, when I meet a pack of 6 gibberlings only two will rush me. Once they are dispatched I can shoot the other four one at a time. after being hit they seem to activate and charge. The second problem is the "Choose NPC Proficiencies" option in SCS. Imoen will be able to level-up correctly, but arriving at Jaheira and Khalyd (sp?) only Jaheira gets the level up icon and can enter the level-up screen, but all her proficiencies are already chosen. Khalyd does not even get to "level-up".

Is this a correct install order? Does anyone know what problems I'm having?

Also,

Should I install Song & Silence if I'm using Rogue Rebalancing? Is the only addition the items added?

Are there any other extremely well done mods like the ones above that I'm missing?

Thanks

Is this a correct install order? Does anyone know what problems I'm having?

can't help you there - at least not yet...

Song & Silence... Is the only addition the items added?

no, it adds 9 kits as well (i'll probably try out chorister, adventurer and sharpshooter, and i ended up giving Alora the burglar kit with the lvl1npcs mod), and i'm pretty sure that s&s and RR adjust the original kits and true classes in different ways - nonconflicting and nonoverlapping - except:

as far as install-order discrepancies, the only one i'm noticing is that s&s opens up more alignment choices and RR narrows them down... i put in s&s first for this reason (LG backstabbers and pickpockets seem absurd to me, evil-only assassins are definitely more in line with PnP guidelines, and chaotic-only jesters make perfect sense (so to speak)) - and of course because of where it was on the easytutu compatibility list :p

Are there any other extremely well done mods like the ones above that I'm missing?

ToBEx is awesome - i think you already have the core of it as a result of installing SCS, but if you like the look of http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=871 (i think the full readme is right there) ... and the consensus is to stick that in before anything else (post-tutuToB-conversion).

i also think there's a good amount of sensible content in aTweaks: http://readme.spellh...me_atweaks.html

Thanks for the info Reverend.

I decided to eliminate RR from the list above in favor of S&S. For this playthrough I want to run the same mods from Tutu to ToB without any extra content added, and S&S does everything I want from a Thief/Bard revision and is easier to install to boot. i also left out Item Revisions because I was worried about balancing.

I kept having the same problems mentioned above until yesterday when I downloaded and used Scs v20. Both problems have seemed to clear up so there must have been something conflicting with SCS v19 somewhere. My guess is BG1NPCs or Spell Revisions since those are the only mods I was installing that modified the NPCs, but I could be way off. Important thing is that everything is working as intended at the moment.

Archived