Error Message Using Widescreen Mod

Tuco

I've installed BG1+TOTSC off 6 CD's (+the latest patch). Using the latest widescreen mod I get this message:

"ERROR: BIFF [g:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/AREA110A.BIF] has file entries 0-

-14, cannot extract file at entry 15 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)

g:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/AREA110A.BIF]: unable to extract"

Is this, will this be a problem? I've tried copying this file across on it's own more than once, the CD's

have a fair few scratches. Is the file corrupted. If so, anyone know where I can get a copy?

This error is present as well on my setup. As far as I know, you can't escape this message because it comes from a badly formed bif file in BG1, or at least something that WeiDU is considering as bad. In my experience, this has no bad consequence and you can play normally (provided you didn't get other errors).

No, I haven't received any other errors. I'll just continue to play and hope . The thing is, I last played about 12 months ago with an earlier mod version, but I don't recall seeing this error message. My last two attempts to finish the game were thwarted by:

1. My party were poisoned in Baldurs Gate (the City) and somehow I lost the antidote. I didn't have a save point earlier than the acquiring of the antidote.

2. Hard Drive failure (Bastarrrrrrrd!!!!!!!)

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I've learnt my lesson. This time there will be multiple save games, on more than one drive.

Archived