Wrong Dialogue Bug

hmlee

Helllo there. So I'm running a BGTutu install with several mods (BG1 unfinished business, BG2 unfinished business, bg2 tweaks, bg1npc project, widescreen, ascension, oversight, g3 anniversary, turnabout, and bg2 fixpack). I started a new game and I've noticed an odd problem with Imoen. Namely, she says other characters lines in dialogue. Now, I read the BG1 NPC project read me and it mentioned this type of bug in the force talk component. However, when I try to force talk to Imoen to start the string corrector thing, it just says "this character has nothing to say to you."

How do I fix this? I'd rather not have Imoen talking like Minsc for the entire game!

Are you using Tutu or BGT?

BG2 Unfinished Business, Ascension, Oversight, G3 Anniversary, Turnabout, and the BG2 Fixpack are BG2 mods, which means they should not be installed on Tutu games.

The problem you describe is usually a result of starting a game, changing some mods, and continuing your game. If new games you start all act like this, I'd say the installation is borked.

The best practice is to keep a clean backup of your installations so you don't have to uninstall and reinstall, just replace a few files.

If you haven't done that, start with a fresh BG2 and BG1 installation, and make those backups.

Then, if you're using the English version of the game, install EasyTutu which creates a new Tutu directory, leaving BG1 and BG2 directories alone. Now you can mod this directory with BG1 NPC, BG1 UB, Widescreen, BG2 Tweaks, and other Tutu-compatible mods.

For a more indepth guide to installing and modding Tutu, see here.

Archived