Possible SR Conflict with XP Cap Remover?

mmmaak

Back in the game after many years, and currently solo-ing with a F/M/T. Had ToB, G3 FixPack, G3 Tweaks and G3 Spell Revisions installed, with the following in particular: lvl30 XP cap, Dispel Magic Fix, Mirror Image fix.

Everything was going just fine, until I decided to install the XP cap remover to allow for Triple-Class HLAs. That went well, but then I realized that it resulted in the removal of the Dispel and Mirror mods as well. Now I am unable to reinstall them, even after restoring the original XP cap.

I suppose I can do without the Triple-Class HLA mod and simply give myself lvl10 spells with Shadowkeeper. But I really want the Dispel and Mirror fixes back, if possible.

Here's the SR debug file, if that's of any help, thanks!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6050143/SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG

I think your problems might be explained by your game being installed in the Program Files directory. Newer versions of Windows interfere with files stored there, which can really screw up installation of mods and patches. I would uninstall the game and reinstall it somewhere else and then try again.

I did run everything in XP Compatibility Mode, but I hadn't thought of the installation folder being a possible issue. I'll try it, though without duplicating the same order of mod installations, I may not be able to verify that as the actual cause.

Thanks a lot :cool:

Archived