Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script

Sardes

Hey!

I've got two questions about Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

1. First condition in script is

IF

GGT("Chapter",1)

G("FWBanterGooseRun",0)...

So it starts only if chapter is greater than 1. While in BG2 it's ok, because chapter 2 starts just as you enter Slums, but in BG1 it's much longer way to Nashkel. Until this banters will trigger occasionally, like if you did not installed Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script at all.

Is there any point in this or can it be changed to GGT("Chapter",0), so script will work after you leave Candlekeep?

2. It curious for me, does this script will trigger banters only every 40 mins, or every 40 mins AND occasionally together? I hope I made myself clear.

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome to G3!

I'm not the mod's current maintainer, just one of the authors, but I think that it's wise to delay the Banter Accelerator, because too many party members are available in the later part of the game(or the players get to them later: Kivan's on a timer, Coran's level is too high, Xan is only available in the mines and so forth). Besides, Jaheira is the most popular BG NPC, according to the Bioware polls, which means that if the players take Jaheira, they're bound to get to Nashkel pretty soon(timer).

It's just my thoughts on the matter, but in my game, I sometimes get only Imoen, Khalid and Jaheira before Mulahey, so I'd run out of banters pretty soon.

As for the scripts, it adds "every 40 minutes" to the regular banter engine, so what you mentioned is possible, but the probability of two banters spawning together is very low.

Thanks for the answer. Well, this is what I see plaing now. Im in Beregost (chapter 1) and banters trigger ocasionaly, just if I didnt install script (but I did). I had 2 Imoen banters and one with Jaheira already, spending little bit more than hour. Thats why I have asked my questions.

May be I should change condition to GGT("Chapter",0) and see, what will happen.

Intersting. The only thing that Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script do, is insert strings in baldur.bsc file, wich contain Interact command. This command start conversations from banter dialog files (which defined in interdia.2da). It looks like there actually were banters in unmoded BG1 game, and it triggered occasionally without Interact command in any script.

Pretty same thing is said here about banters ("b" dialog files) http://www.shsforums...hey-are-and-do/

So, it looks like my guess was right, and Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script triggers banters along with the regular way (after random time). In this case, Kulyok, you are right, that it wise to delay the Banter Accelerator.

Archived