Give visual indications for all important protection spells

ancalimohtar

Would it be possible to try to give obvious, unique animations/visual indicators to the most important protection spells? I'll have to slog through the combat log anyway, but this might make the whole process of identifying what protections an enemy still has easier.

For example, right now Spell Trap and SI have the same animation. I know SI is going away with v4, so this shouldn't be an issue. But I have no idea what animation Spell Shield has. Spell deflection seems to not have any? Will it take on Spell Turning's animation once the two are merged in v4?

Mirror Image, Blur, Imp Invis, these are all very obvious. Stoneskin looks terrible, so everybody gets rid of it with a tweak pack (plus you couldn't really tell anyway if they had tons of other buffs on) so if there were a different way of doing it that would be ideal (maybe some rocks in a circle around character's feet, taken from one of the frames of the casting animation?)

I wish Breach/Secret Word/etc would tell you which spells were removed with each cast. Would also make things easier.

Another post I forgot about sorry.

Would it be possible to try to give obvious, unique animations/visual indicators to the most important protection spells? I'll have to slog through the combat log anyway, but this might make the whole process of identifying what protections an enemy still has easier.
On one hand I understand, otoh for certain spells it's actually kinda out of place to even display a flashy animation. Would a caster wish for his Spell Turning to show up so evidently? I guess not.

I had no plans to add an animation for Spell Shield, but I'm open to discuss it if I see most players want it and/or have good arguments for it.

Btw, Stoneskin shouldn't even affect clothes or armors but just skin color, as SR's Barkskin does. Overall I can live with the tweak to simply remove the animation, it's still way better than having each and every mage in the game look like a statue of chocolate every second of his life.

I wish Breach/Secret Word/etc would tell you which spells were removed with each cast. Would also make things easier.
I cannot imagine a way to do this.

Archived