Question on keeping parts of changes and compatibility

ManBearPig

1) Is the mod compatible with EE?

2) Does anyone know if there is a somewhat easy way to alter the saving throw revisions in the mod without altering the spell function and vise versa? IE, if I wanted to keep the original functionality of flame arrow or lightning bolt but also wanted to keep the new altered saving throw? Or conversely, if I wanted to keep the new functionality of either Bigby's spell but without the -6 to the saving throw? I know I can comment out the spell changes in the text file but I think this also removes the saving throw changes as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3) On a related note with saving throws, if I wanted to reduce some of the higher level spell saving throw penalties from -6 to -4 (as is discussed in the v4 thread), is there a simple way to do so?

... I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered previously.

1) Is the mod compatible with EE?

2) Does anyone know if there is a somewhat easy way to alter the saving throw revisions in the mod without altering the spell function and vise versa? IE, if I wanted to keep the original functionality of flame arrow or lightning bolt but also wanted to keep the new altered saving throw? Or conversely, if I wanted to keep the new functionality of either Bigby's spell but without the -6 to the saving throw? I know I can comment out the spell changes in the text file but I think this also removes the saving throw changes as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3) On a related note with saving throws, if I wanted to reduce some of the higher level spell saving throw penalties from -6 to -4 (as is discussed in the v4 thread), is there a simple way to do so?

1) Not yet, the next release will.

2) For SR spells the save penalty is part of the spell itself, not a actual separate system. There's a tweak available within TweakPack though which might do what you wish in terms of save penalties, but it should not be used with SR.

3) I guess it would be relatively easy to do with a weidu code, else you should open the spl files with NI or DLTCEP and manually editing it. It's really easy to do, but kinda time consuming.

1) Make a txt file in your game directory, copy the code inside and save as setup-mymod.tp2

2) Download the latest version of WeiDU from www.weidu.org, put weidu.exe into your game directory

3) Rename weidu.exe to setup-mymod.exe and run

Mymod - you can use any other name, if you please

BACKUP ~Spell saves tweak~
AUTHOR ~Ardanis~

BEGIN ~Reduce saving throw penalties from -6 to -4 for 7th, 8th and 9th level spells.~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.spl~ override
 PATCH_IF SHORT_AT 0x34 > 6 BEGIN
GET_OFFSET_ARRAY headers 0x64 4 0x68 2 0 0 0x28
PHP_EACH headers AS i => r BEGIN
  GET_OFFSET_ARRAY2 effects r ITM_V10_HEAD_EFFECTS
  PHP_EACH effects AS i2 => r2 BEGIN
	READ_LONG r2+0x28 save_bonus
	PATCH_IF save_bonus = 0 - 6 BEGIN
WRITE_LONG r2+0x28 0 - 4
END
  END
END