dialogue forces game to pause oversight

Hello,

I've been playing bg2 recently trying to get a solo ironman through the game. As hard as it is, i've noticed a few inconsistencies, but none that actually ended a run like this. As I was running from the rune assassins from the tanner quest (haven't confronted them in quite a while since they are very marginal in the larger scheme of things) because they are surprisingly terrible, shank and carbos started up with their banter, and wouldnt you know, these obnoxiously high-damage-dealing, low-thac0 monsters kept on wacking away despite the dialogue occurring.

I dont know how often this happens because i am seldom running away from enemies + interrupted by dialogue. But it definitely happened here, and was really unfortunate.

I didn't know where else to post this, who else would care about this game actually working right still, so I decided to say something here. Please let me know if this is something that is super low priority and I should just suck it up and deal with it, or if nobody cares, etc etc.

Thanks!

Archived