SR + IR + KR best why to use with SCS without making BG2EE to hard?

Darkersun

Hi I have a question about installation an compatibilty of the Beta. I play on BG2EE.
Right now I have installed SR beta, IR Beta and KR Beta + RR (only HLAs, Class changes and better thief stuff, no new items).

Is this compatible with all parts of SCS ? Or should I skip some things ?
Also I like enemys to be more clever but I'm not a big fan of making them much like more HP, better stats, etc,

Is there recommended list or something simular for having the revesions mods work best with SCS ?

Will the AI use all spells as intended, to take down the right protection spells ?

Is it enough to install just the basic AI changes or is it recommended to install other parts as well?

I like a medium challange but I don't want to mind read all enemys for weeknesses ?

Is this the right froum or should I move this to SCS threads ?

Thanks and Regards

Hi I have a question about installation an compatibilty of the Beta. I play on BG2EE.

Right now I have installed SR beta, IR Beta and KR Beta + RR (only HLAs, Class changes and better thief stuff, no new items).

Also I like enemys to be more clever but I'm not a big fan of making them much like more HP, better stats, etc,

Is there recommended list or something simular for having the revesions mods work best with SCS ?

Will the AI use all spells as intended, to take down the right protection spells ?

Is it enough to install just the basic AI changes or is it recommended to install other parts as well?

I like a medium challange but I don't want to mind read all enemys for weeknesses ?

I can only speak for my mods when it comes to compatibility with BG2EE. Afaik after the first few iterations of the beta SR's beta should work really fine with BGEE and BG2EE. IR beta instead works well with BG2EE, but it's not optimized for BGEE, at least not entirely. IR is also not optimized for Black Pits stuff, thus you may have wrong prices in stores or similar issues there.

When it comes to SCS, all Revisions mods are made to be used with SCS. Generally speaking they work fine with each other, and SCS uses a more varied arsenal of spells when SR is installed, including SR-exclusive spells. If you'll ever encounter any issue I'll fix it asap.

When it comes to which SCS components you should install I'll let other players answer, as I do not play since ages. I can tell you that you can skip every item/spell tweak from SCS when using IR/SR. I actually think DavidW was working on an auto-skip when Revisions mod are detected, but I don't know if he implemented it or not.

Mostly, yes. You should skip "anti-magic vs invisible oponnents" and "more consistent breach spell". Others as you please, SCS will skip a lot of them if SR or IR are detected.

No, there isn't a list. Unfortunately, until both KR and SCS get updated, there will be some "oddities" in your game, especially with Berserker and Barbarian kits (they'll Rage when fatigued). AI will not take KR changes into account for specific targeting (i.e. Inquisior isn't immune to Hold spells in KR, but AI assumes it is, similary KR Paladin/UH are immune to Fear which SCS won't pick up on) and similar stuff.

Until Demivrgvs updates the SR beta (I assume you're using it) AI won't properly detect Wall of Dispel/Non-Detection/Physical Mirror. I'll check the other spells in a while, but afaik they should be fine.

Likewise, SCS does not take into account a few IR items (most notably those providing immunities to things such as ADHW, Disintegrate, and similar stuff), so it will behave sub-optimaly from time to time if you have some of those items equiped.

It's enough to install AI changes and any "smarter priests/wizards" component.

Enemies (at least human ones ) have same vulnerabilities as your PCs, so things like ADHW and Chaos are most likely to work.

Not yet I'm afraid.

Actually, it will.

There is no new Spell Deflection spell:

- 3rd lvl Minor SD was there in vanilla

- 5th lvl SD and 7th lvl Gr.SD replace Minor Spell Turning and Spell Turning respectively

SCS detectable spell system detects SD and Gr.SD as Spell Turning spells, which is perfectly fine because it makes no difference at all if that type of spell protection deflect spells or reflects them for SCS AI. In both cases SCS will properly uses magic attacks to tear down those protections before casting "normal spells" against the target.

Greater Globe is detected as a spell protection, which is fine. Pretty much any spell removal used by SCS is going to tear it down.

Archived