the problem with trueclasses

subtledoctor

Ah, here it is:

BUT, because @smeagolheart‌ asked for it, here is a proof-of-concept mod for arbitrarily adding abilities to classes/kits. As-is, this gives fighters Whirlwind at 15th level and Greater Whirlwind at 25th level. It has instructions for changing them to different HLAs and/or different levels, and for adding abilities to other classes as well.

This can also be used for abilities other than HLAs - give Tracking to barbarians, give Lathander's Boon to paladins, whatever you want. It can also be used to give wizard spells to wizards (say, if you want some spells to be auto-learned at certain levels instead of hunting for scrolls) or to give priest spells to priests (you could give druid spells to clerics and vice-versa).

This can also be adapted for use within other mods if you like. Go crazy.

I think the instructions and code commenting is pretty clear. It was fun to develop. Mike1072 and Candawg helped me with it, and at one point one of them said "Umm, arrays are not supposed to work like that..." - but they do!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86011511/semi%20HLA%20mod.zip

Hmm, maybe I should collect all of these little adaptable templates I'm making and officially upload them together as meta-mods for other modders to use. Clean them up, add instructions like with this one, etc.

EDIT - sorry, just realized this is specific to IWDEE. For TOB/BGT/Tutu, find the beginning of the subroutine at the end (after the "pride and joy" talk :p ) and you'll see something like this:

> 41
 = 42
Change those to 31 and 32, respectively, and this will work on the old engine (it's just the number of rows in kitlist.2da). If you find my "APR On Spec" mod, linked in the IWDEE forums and hosted on GitHub, you can see a truly universal example that doesn't rely on a particular version of kitlist.2da.

Archived