Question about Holy Liberator Kit

Guest Taltos

First of all, I wanted say thanks for making a Holy Liberator kit. I had been hoping that someone would make one for quite a while. My question is about the advantages and disadvantages listed in the description. I installed the kit on a standard SOA-TOB setup with no other mods installed. When I created a new character with the kit the only disadvante listed is that they cannot use lay on hands. However, the kit does not have access to priest spells either. Was this intentional and left out of the description? Thanks.

No, it's not intentional at all, and I'm not sure what causes it, though I have suspicions. I'll fix it and restore normal paladin spellcasting in Oversight v5, which should be out shortly. In the meantime, I apologize, and thank you for discovering this bug.

Edit: Found the problem, and it's fixed locally. If you want to fix it immediately rather than waiting for Oversight v5, uninstall Oversight, then open Setup-Oversight.tp2 in a text editor. Scroll down to the Holy Liberator component (it's near the bottom) and find the line that reads:

~0x00000010 6~

Alter it to:

~0x00000020 6~

(that is, just change the 1 to a 2). Save, close the file, and reinstall Oversight. Any Holy Liberator characters created after this should have normal spellcasting abilities; however, I'm not sure what it will do to already-existing Holy Liberators, and it could be dangerous to them.

Thanks for the quick fix. Just an aside, and I apologize if this is limited by the game engine, but is it possible to give a paladin the wisdom bonus to spells that clerics receive? I have been looking at some of the game files with NI, but I am not sure if this is can be done. I was thinking about making a different type of paladin myself or adding that to the HL for my own use. Thanks again.

Archived