EET Softlock

Zyjacya

Heya

So I'm playing the Big World Setup Tool default setup for the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, and I think I might be in a softlock. I'm at the part where you tell Corwin that you're ready to go, and then Irenicus is upstairs... um... talking to Imoen alone, and stuff. Whatever. This is an RPG story doesn't matter.

Anyways, apparently, Skie is supposed to wake me up after I rest, and she isn't doing that. I've talked to her already, and the quest says that I need to wait for her to contact me. I've done only one or two of the side quests, but it doesn't look like any of them are mandatory to proceed to chapter 8. Skie isn't showing up, and I don't know what to do.

Am I missing something, or am I actually softlocked? Is this a known bug for BWST, or is this something specific to me? If it matters, I have done one or two character edits via EEK, but only for changing around some stats and proficiency slots, and making my character gender "both" (Don't worry about it, specific and justifiable reasons.) I haven't edited any game files other than xp caps, and everything else is default by the BWSTool.

Anyone got a lead for me?

BG1 Folder

WeiDU.log

BG2 Folder

WeiDU-BGEE.log

WeiDU.log

Yep, I've managed to reproduce this with your save. The problem is this:

I have done one or two character edits via EEK, but only for changing around some stats and proficiency slots, and making my character gender "both" (Don't worry about it, specific and justifiable reasons.)

unfortunately this breaks the game since the vanilla script that progress the story further has 2 script blocks dependent on your gender (male or female). If you changed it to "both" than the script can't execute either of them. Change it back via EEK at least for this cutscene (but there may be more such checks in the future, so keeping it like that sounds risky).

edit: btw. since you didn't have Imoen in your party during SoD transition please also use console command mentioned in this post to fix the problem that will show up later on (at the end of SoD) since the version of EET that you're currently using likely has this problem.

Yep, I've managed to reproduce this with your save. The problem is this:

I have done one or two character edits via EEK, but only for changing around some stats and proficiency slots, and making my character gender "both" (Don't worry about it, specific and justifiable reasons.)

unfortunately this breaks the game since the vanilla script that progress the story further has 2 script blocks dependent on your gender (male or female). If you changed it to "both" than the script can't execute either of them. Change it back via EEK at least for this cutscene (but there may be more such checks in the future, so keeping it like that sounds risky).

edit: btw. since you didn't have Imoen in your party during SoD transition please also use console command mentioned in this post to fix the problem that will show up later on (at the end of SoD) since the version of EET that you're currently using likely has this problem.

Worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!

Archived