Stuck in Sawaras Crib

Guest Disorganizer

Guest Disorganizer

Well, its 2018, and I am still playing it. Must be like my 5th Bg2 run or something. I am playing BG2EE, and i (obviously) took Angelo along for the ride.

I played all the way up to the Sawara fight, but after i smacked him with 4 horrid wiltings and he died - how the hell do i leave his hideout?

There seems to be no Exit. The Fox turned red as soon as the fight started and died in battle, and, strangely a second one who appeared during the fight did likewise, at least thats what i think happened, cause there are two fur-coats-to-be lying on the floor next to Hayates shriveled corpse. I suppose i could try and spawn a new one, but i have no idea how to do that, tbh. I need a creature code and a command, right?

Suu is still alive, but she just blows me a kiss and gets the fuck out of there. So - was that supposed to happen, or is that a bug?

Guest Disorganizer

BTW, i love this Mod. I have played quite a lot of Quest/NPC Mods (Fade, Isra, Saerileth, Nephele, Aran, Colours of Infinity, Deep Gardens, I shall never forget, Back to Brynnlaw, Assassinations, Dungeon Crawl,  G3 Anniversary and ofc, Dungeon Be Gone)  , and I probably enjoyed this one (either this, or Fade) the most. Fun, rather original, and no shit, if i didnt know this was a mod, i would have called it Bioware.

Guest Disorganizer

Well, I Consoled my ass out of there by respawning a white fox. Angelo reacted normally to the Quest (or at least he talked to me about it afterwards, so i am assuming thats the way it was SUPPOSED to happen).

My guess is that the Fox should have stayed neutral, ( which, from a RP standpoint does seem a little weird - its a servant to Sawara after all )or the second shouldnt have died/should have appeared AFTER the fight had settled. I took extra care to not let Minsc go berserk so he didnt kill the fox accidentally - and yet there was a second vulpine corps in the chaos.

But then again - if it actually didnt, and Suu couldnt get you out of there either ( none of the dialogue suggests it was planned for her, although she teleports herself out easily enough), how were you supposed to continue?

I am curious, thats all.

On 12/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, Guest Disorganizer said:

Well, I Consoled my ass out of there by respawning a white fox. Angelo reacted normally to the Quest (or at least he talked to me about it afterwards, so i am assuming thats the way it was SUPPOSED to happen).

My guess is that the Fox should have stayed neutral, ( which, from a RP standpoint does seem a little weird - its a servant to Sawara after all )or the second shouldnt have died/should have appeared AFTER the fight had settled. I took extra care to not let Minsc go berserk so he didnt kill the fox accidentally - and yet there was a second vulpine corps in the chaos.

But then again - if it actually didnt, and Suu couldnt get you out of there either ( none of the dialogue suggests it was planned for her, although she teleports herself out easily enough), how were you supposed to continue?

I am curious, thats all.

I believe that you should have searched the trunks in one of the rooms. There you should find a finger joint, Suu's diary and a gem that will teleport you out of the area and back to the Bridge district. If you keep the diary, you will meet up with Suu in Saradush where you can give it to her. I don't think you need the finger joint, (i might be wrong) and the gem is only used to get you out of Sawara's lair. Once used, it has no purpose.

Guest Disorganizer

Thx for the quick clarification, mate.

I did search the rooms before and found the diary, finger and gem, but since that thing looked like a Beljuril, i didnt read the name tag properly and slipped it into my gem bag xD. I just assumed that the Mod Author wanted to include one bcs they are so rare. As for the finger - its the other way around, Suu will ask for the Finger to satisfy the dude that booted her ass out of the Yakuza and issue a warning that Ginpachi is gonna ninja you to death soon. You get to keep the diary, although it wont be used afterwards.

SPOILERS (in case you havent played it through or chose to return the sword:

Ginpachi ambushes you right when you arrive in the marching mountains, with no warning and no autopause. He commands a couple of Superthiefs and a spellcaster. His Thiefs ( and he himself) have some kind of uninterruptable, repeating invisibility spell and non-detection, but only Ginpachi drops something ( another +4 Sword with a couple of Boni). They are not drinking potions: Imoen managed to petrify one with a Prisma spray. Then he turned invisible. Angelo ( and me ) thought we got them all and talked to me and finish the quest. I moved on, cleared out Yaga Shuras hideout, and when i came back, 2 rests later, Battle music started playing and he was still there moving in and out of invis. These guys deal some serious backstab damage and a competent fighters as well, i had to actually restart that fight a couple of times.I believe this is the last fight of the Mod, or at least nothing has happened since. I am in Amkethran.

Heya! Mod author here, who does still check this forum e-e-every now and again, just dropping in to say a) really glad you enjoyed it! and b) big thanks to Truman for answering the question, as it's been so long I don't know if I'm capable any longer of fielding any mod-related questions myself, haha--although I do think I remember about the gem, as that came up several times before; apologies for making it so confusing,

Best,

SV