Planar Sphere Mod !

Guest Scáthach7

Guest Scáthach7

Hello!

I know it is a controversial mod, but last time I played all the way through the BG games, many years ago, before EE, I believe it was the BWP, the mod I remember most was the old Planar Sphere mod. I've just read this: https://baldursextendedworld.com/EET-Updates/

"Expanded Mage Stronghold BG2EE + EET

This is a tuned down and balanced extract from the abandoned Planar Sphere mod. It ressurrects the extra stronghold quests from that mod but removes the overpowered items and spells and the excessive XP gain. The final quest (blowing the planes apart, killing half the gods of Faerun and getting 33 level 9 spells and 1mio XP) has been replaced by a more adequate ending. In addition, the mod no longer overwrites files. It should be compatible with all stronghold mods and tweaks, the additional contents starts after the vanilla tasks for the stronghold are finished."

I agree that the 1 million XP is too much, but I enjoyed the crazy spells, and although I know lots of people didn't like it, I really enjoyed the totally over-the-top, outrageous final quest. I agree it kind of ruins everything after it, it should probably take place after TOB, or something like that. But honestly I thought it was amazing, and it was clear that the creator put a lot of work into it. Can anybody provide more detail about "replaced by a more adequate ending," without spoilers? As in, are there similar fights, or has the final quest been completely scrapped and a completely new final quest put in place?

I played BG1 through last year and really enjoyed the Sandrah mod. Perhaps the Sandrah RtF and ToT let me get into some similarly outrageous fights against some gods?

Also, while I'm here, does the green installation include multiple strongholds?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, even if anybody just wants to chime in about loving / hating the old planar sphere mod, or recommend similar mods. I love that this gem is still on youtube lmao, it's so ridiculous, I love it: 

Guest Scáthach7

So it seems the entire final quest was removed. It's honestly my favorite quest in any mod in any game I've ever played. I'm surprised it isn't more popular. Is there any way to get the original mod to work in EET?

I also enjoyed the over-the-top "Evil Archsorcerer" quest-line (which was removed in Roxanne's version), and have reviewed it here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75761/mod-spotlight-planar-sphere-mod/p1

It would be great if someone could port the original Planar Sphere mod (2.6c + BigWorldFixpack patches) to EET, instead of only having Roxanne's stripped-down version in the EET compatibility list.

EDIT: Here is the direct download link to version 2.6e_beta of the mod, which seems to have the BigWorldFixpack patches already applies: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=22880

Edited by Ineth