Unkillable giant trolls in de'Arnise Hold

Playing classic BGT with SCS on Tactical difficulty. I've been able to kill everything in de'Arnise Hold except for those damn giant trolls that TorGal has with him. Regular trolls go down without a problem. Spirit trolls are annoyingly tough but still killable. Even TorGal isn't that difficult. But those two giant trolls guarding him simply won't go down. I can get them to "Near Death", but they never lie down so I can finish them off. I've tried backing off hitting them so their death animation kicks in, but it never does. I've never had this problem with any kind of trolls before.

WeiDU.log

I went to the troll mound outside the Druid Grove and the giant trolls there did lie down so I could finish them off. It's only Torgal's bodyguards that are specifically unkillable, even by Ctrl-Y. One thing I did notice while replaying the TorGal encounter: His giant trolls were susceptible to petrification by Chromatic Orb. Both of them shattered into little tiny rocks after getting hit by Chromatic Orb. Maybe I just got lucky, but in all my years of playing BG, I've never seen Chromatic Orb work fully before. Now I got two for two.