Question about changing kit

Hi.

Is there a way to change kit by some item?

I want an item to give my assassin ability to hide in plain sight when worn. For that I would need to create an exact copy of assassin kit with proper kit ID(0x21) and change kit to that one when I wear the item. I wonder if there is a possibility to do that somehow.

Thanks!

Edited by SparrowJacek

Oh sure: if you don't need the vanilla Shadowdancer (I also don't use it), it goes from impossible to possible.  But, not remotely simple.  You can do kit changes by script, which can be initiated by summoned invisible creatures.  Doing this with an item that you can take on and take off, however, would be fairly difficult.  I think you might need to limit it to being used by a single kit (like Assassins), e.g. via op319.

• Remove all kit abilities from the base shadowdancer kit table.
  • Set up a spell ("SpellA") to summon a creature to run a script that uses SuperAddKit() to change the kit of the LastSummonerOf(Myself) to Shadowdancer
  • Replace every instance of "GA_" in the Assassin kit table with a new "AP_"  spell that uses op171 to give you the spell that would ordinarily be given by "GA_"
  • Any "AP_" spells in the Assassin kit table that appear more than once should be duplicated and applied separately
  • SpellA should also make the user immune via op206 to every spell in the new Assassin kit table
  • Set up a similar spell/creature/script to change the summoner to an Assassin ("SpellB")
  • SpellB should cast "SpellC," which uses op321 to remove SpellA
  • "SpellD" should cast SpellB with timing mode 4, duration 2 (or thereabouts)
  • Give the item an equipping effect that makes the user immune to SpellB via op206
  • Give the item an equipping effect that casts SpellA with timing mode 1
  • Give the item an equipping effect with equipped .eff (op177) whose target .eff uses op232, with condition "hp < 102%," triggering SpellD

Now, when you equip the item, you will switch to a Shadowdancer, a few seconds after removing it, you should change to an Assassin.  Your Assassin kit abilities should probably not be multiplied.  (Trying to trigger things by removing an item is not easy; the engine doesn't generally detect you removing items.  So it has to be done with complicated junk like contingencies that you are immune to while the item is equipped.)