Joinable NPCs are immortal before joining

Not sure if the title is super clear, but here's my issue: I'm starting the planar sphere quest and decided to kill Valygar and use his body to enter the place. However, he is simply immortal.

I know the unkillable Shar Teel feature is now part of aTweaks, but I don't believe it applies to BG2 and I'm betting it's a bug with level 0 NPCs.  I've tried ctrl+Q him, leveling him up and then killing him, but the body wouldn't drop in this case. Also, while in my party he was immortal as long as he had a level up avaliable.

Am I correct to assume that this is related to better NPCs management? This also happened in BG1 where I was unable to kill Dynaheir, but not as hindering as this case.

On a side note, SCS was unable to install the AI (an thus, the tactical) part of SCS. It's a bummer, but I'm enjoying an easy ride. The error was as follows:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%INNATE_BOMBARDIER_BEETLE_CLOUD%.spl] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

I don't think that's the cause of the issue, but who knows? I'm attaching my WeiDU log and the SCS debug file here (compressed because it was over 6MB). Any help is appreciated! :)

WeiDU.log SETUP-STRATAGEMS.rar

Edited by neuroghast
Added info and grammar

@DavidW

It's a different matter but I (again) believe it's related to level 0 NPCs, so I thought it was best to post here than to start another thread.

Level 0 monks always CTD when I click on their avatar, enter their inventory or character screen. I've tested it with Rasaad in both BG1 and 2. Also changed other NPCs classes to monk before leveling them up and ended up with the same result.

I wasn't able to upload the .dmp files here, even compressed they are too big, so I uploaded them on WeTransfer if you want to take a look: link. EDIT: CamDawg just mentioned the .dmp files won't be of any help, and instead I should show you my RASAAD.CRE file. However I have lots of it (ranging from 8 to 13) spread into override, atweaks and stratagems folders. Don't know which one I should share with you.

I'm using Monastic Orders of Faerun, so maybe a conflict between SCS and this mod? An insight on this would be really appreciated to turn Hexxat into a Long Death Monk 😛

Edited by neuroghast

@neuroghast

1) Most of the problems in the NPC Customisation component can be worked around by keeping Party AI turned on while levelling. Valygar's immortality can't be, though. Do this at console instead:

C:Eval('Kill("valygar")')

2) I can't reproduce the monk problem, and while I'm using my latest local version (which has the main NPC Customisation bugs fixed) I can't think of anything that would have helped here. So I think it's probably a compatibility problem with Monastic Orders. I don't know that mod; if I have a chance I'll have a look, but it might be a while.

I've now tried to reproduce the Monk CTD problem with Monastic Orders and again can't do it- it's working fine on my install.

Either your install has somehow got corrupted, or it is some subtle compatibility problem. All I can suggest is that you reinstall and, if the problem persists, try altering your mod stack to see what makes a difference.

Thanks for taking the time!

In the meanwhile I've been talking with some people on G3 discord. One member kindly offered to take a look at the .dmp files and said the engine is crashing when attempting to look up the ability of an item. Most likely the monk fist is screwed, but he can't say for sure as he has a limited reading on the files.

Aquadrizzt also mentioned this: "If I had to guess, the problem lies in how I move Monk kits to the Thief class. There's probably some SCS functionality that notices my hackery and throws an exception".

I know you made it work, but I'm just throwing here all the insights I managed to gather.

Cheers!