Question on carry over from SoD to SoA

Hello everyone,

I have a question that's hopefully fairly simple to answer.  First off, I've played these the whole series a number of times, but my last full play through was probably 2010 or so, so I'm a bit rusty.  I played the old BG Trilogy on at least one of those play throughs.  Anyway, so for this play through, I did the EET and loaded up a bunch of mods.  I hadn't played SoD yet, so that was completely new, and I just finished it.  Well, now I'm onto SoA, but I'm considering re-installing BG2EE and partly starting fresh.  My reasons are mainly that I'm a bit worried I nerfed the game some with all the mods I put on (there were some quests I had to fix things in EEKeeper that may have been me screwing up or may have been bugs).  For one thing, I've had some issues with the new map.  There are times the background is black, which isn't too bad, just annoying, but frankly I had trouble sometimes getting to places in the original campaign as well as NTotSC and to a lesser extent SoD.  The locations seemed a bit jumbled so where you might have needed to go to the north exit to open up a new location in the vanilla, the location showed somewhere else on the map and either I had to go from memory or look up online.  Again, I may well have screwed something up, not blaming the mod. 

Soooooooooooo, the question is how much, if any carry over, exists from the game prior to waking up in Irenicus's dungeon to start SoA?  It looks like all my equipment is gone, like the vanilla game (EDIT:  I see that there is an option in the tweeks to have it show up in the dungeon).  What about quests and such?  Are there quests that span the two that I'd be losing out on?  I'm not above using EEKeeper to make my PC have the same stats as when I finished SoD! :) Do the joinable NPCs retain stats from the earlier campaigns?  (I didn't have any that show up in the dungeon, so I can't easily check).  Appreciate any guidance!  And this is not meant in anyway to demean the work that went into building EET.  It's awesome.

Here are the mods I have installed per my WEIDU log:

NTOTSC

Shadows of Soubar

Ascension

Tower of Deception

Assassinations

Seatower

Cowled Menace

Banter Pack

Unfinished Business

Crossmod Banter Pack (SoA and ToB)

Deep Gnomes

ATWEAKS

EET_TWEAKS

SoD Banter Restoration

BGT-Worldmap

EET_END

Thanks again!

Edited by blatantninja
On 3/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, blatantninja said:

For one thing, I've had some issues with the new map.  There are times the background is black, which isn't too bad, just annoying, but frankly I had trouble sometimes getting to places in the original campaign as well as NTotSC and to a lesser extent SoD.  The locations seemed a bit jumbled so where you might have needed to go to the north exit to open up a new location in the vanilla, the location showed somewhere else on the map and either I had to go from memory or look up online.

do you still have weidu.log and saves made in this installation? If yes please upload them. Mods you've mentioned shouldn't break worldmap. If you mean that there is some inconstancy with in-game dialogue and areas placement on EET wordlmap it's something that can be fixed, but I will need a detailed description what exactly is wrong.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, blatantninja said:

Soooooooooooo, the question is how much, if any carry over, exists from the game prior to waking up in Irenicus's dungeon to start SoA?  It looks like all my equipment is gone, like the vanilla game (EDIT:  I see that there is an option in the tweeks to have it show up in the dungeon).  What about quests and such?  Are there quests that span the two that I'd be losing out on?  I'm not above using EEKeeper to make my PC have the same stats as when I finished SoD! :) Do the joinable NPCs retain stats from the earlier campaigns?  (I didn't have any that show up in the dungeon, so I can't easily check).

vanilla joinable NPC retains their stats from BG1 and SoD portion of the game. If you got them killed and left dead on field they also won't show up in later campaigns (unless plot critical). Even without EET_Tweaks you could optionally kept some items (or all if you're power gaming) since you can visit BG1 areas from within BG2. You can do many of the remaining BG1/SoD quests during BG2 portion of the game but there are no quests that are affecting more than 1 campaign content (sans minor stuff like Pantalons) - at least on vanilla games, there may be mods that adds such quests

Edited by K4thos