WeiDU messing with variable with # in front

My unique prefix is #L.  Up to this point, it has caused no issues. Now however I have one instance that just makes no sense to me as to why it's garbling the output.

I'm going through all the area files in the game and attaching script to travel regions if they meet certain criteria.  I save off the name of the area file being worked on with

SPRINT my_area ~%SOURCE_RES%~

In the case of my areas, that would be something like "#LBG0006"

My region script contains the check:

Global("#LNoGo","%my_area%",0)

before allowing it to fire.

In all cases, this works fine for all areas except for mine.  The output will look like:

Global("06#LNoGo","#LBG00",0)

It's taking the last 2 digits from my custom area names and putting it in front of the variable name.

Is there any way to bonk WeiDU over the head sufficiently to make it stop doing this?

Edited by Lauriel

A variables "area" string can only be 6 characters long: GLOBAL, LOCALS, MYAREA, ARXXXX, etc....

Actions/triggers store variables as a single string:  "#LBG0006#LNoGo"

The first 6 characters are assigned to the area parameter, the rest are assigned to the variable name.

Scripts/Dialogs can store and check area variables for areas with 7 or 8 character name with MYAREA, but not through directly referencing the area resref.

The console can handle 8-char area names with it's GetGlobal() and SetGlobal() commands.