LockScroll() action works not only from a creature script

IESDP says:

135 LockScroll()

This action locks the screen on the active creature, preventing the screen from being scrolled away. The action only works from a creature script.

(link)

This is not true in BGEE v2.6. where it works from global scripts when used with ActionOverride(). It is also used in game cutscenes scripts.

---

I made similar post earlier, but it seems to be gone because of server problems.

The wording isn't the best. What the IESDP means is that the action only works when executed by a creature. So yeah, ActionOverride()'ing it onto a creature / using it in cutscene scripts (where actions are executed by CutSceneId) works.

Edited by Bubb
13 hours ago, Bubb said:

The wording isn't the best. What the IESDP means is that the action only works when executed by a creature. So yeah, ActionOverride()'ing it onto a creature / using it in cutscene scripts (where actions are executed by CutSceneId) works.

Ok. I would know for the future that it is always equivalent. This was kind of oblivious to me that this action need some creature to be "active creature" to work properly, that is why I thought "The action only works from a creature script." brings some new information.