Melee Arcane Damage Comparisons

Greetings everyone. Lots of chat around it, so I want to show off comparisons for physical Damage Per Round (DPR) between a number of different melee arcane classes.

What this is: This is solely a data point to assess how various classes perform during one round of combat.

What this is not: This is not an endorsement for any class. This does not say that a class has a good power curve or does well throughout the series. These charts do not go into the squishiness or tankiness of any one class. This is solely an snapshot of end game power when it comes to dealing damage.

I have tried to keep this as apples to apples across the board to ensure a consistent approach to the damage. All classes are receiving 8 million experience points. Note: I do calculations against crit immune enemies. Any difficult enemy is going to be resistant to critical hits, so this is going against those boss level threats, not trash mobs. All classes have grandmastery for main and offhand weapons, when allowed.

Fighter/Illusionist (340.1 DPR) : Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. GWW, Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, and Crom+5 offhand for 25 STR. Overall, this class receives 10 APR. I normally prefer running this with a speed offhand (i.e. Belm/Kundane); however, Crom offhand with GWW for 10APR increases damage over the IH option.

Berserker(9)->Mage (337.25 DPR): Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. IH, Enrage, Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, Fire Giant Belt (22STR), and Belm+2 offhand. Overall, this class receives 10 APR.

Kensai(9)->Mage (319.2 DPR): Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. IH, Kai for max damage per hit, +3 damage per hit from class, Fire Giant Belt (22STR), and Belm+2 offhand. Overall, this class receives 9 APR.

Berserker (13)->Mage (347.7 DPR): Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. IH, Enrage, Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, and Crom+5 offhand for 25 STR. Overall, this class receives 9 APR. Please note: Crom providing 25 STR and the extra APR from the gauntlets allows this build to perform better with 9 APR than if it was running a speed offhand and getting 10 APR.

Kensai(13)->Mage (366.7 DPR): Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. IH, Kai for max damage per hit, +4 damage per hit from class, Fire Giant Belt (22STR), and Belm+2 offhand. Overall, this class receives 10 APR.

Blade (195.7 DPR): Foebane+5 dealing +4 larloch and +5 extra against demons. IH, Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, Fire Giant Belt (22STR), and Ninjato of the Scarlet Brotherhood+3 offhand. Overall, this class receives 7 APR. NOTE: Tenser's Transformation is NOT used since none of the other characters above are using it, yet are capable of using it. This is to keep the numbers as apple to apple as possible.

image.thumb.png.ed3073de2e7265831eb7556aa6f6d347.png

Edited by morpheus562

I'm sure it's been asked before, but do you know what kind of AC and HP you will encounter during the game? Of course difficulty settings and SCS or other mods will have an effect on this, but at least it gives an indication of how long you'd need to maintain this output, and when certain builds start having trouble.