Melee weapon damage (285) not displaying correctly

a.greene

I recently edited the SPCL141.spl file and changed THAC0 bonus (278) and Attack damage bonus (73) to Melee THAC0 bonus (284) and Melee weapon damage modifier (285) and subsequently noticed that Melee weapon damage modifier (285) does not display correctly in the inventory screen (see attached), it should display a +2 bonus in the damage field. Interestingly, melee THAC0 bonus displays correctly. 

1851751850_Meleeweapondamage.thumb.jpg.e8783d649c605d64849ea24cd9525117.jpg

Edited by a.greene

It's likely one of two things:

1) There was no damage display in the original games' inventory screen, this is an addition by Beamdog in the EEs' UI and it is janky and unreliable, it fails to display several categories of adjustments that actually get applied to your thac0/damage rolls. So nothing to be done here, the feature just doesn't work very well.

OR,

2) You applied a bonus via the "Melee weapon damage modifier" opcode and you are testing with no weapon equipped.

17 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

2) You applied a bonus via the "Melee weapon damage modifier" opcode and you are testing with no weapon equipped.

Well that is annoying but thank you for your reply, I can confirm that even if I add a melee weapon, the bonus damage is still not applied, thus it appears to be your first point around implementation of the EE UI.