Large Modded EET Install - Multikit Options

On 2/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, jmerry said:

The issue is that "Hide in Plain Sight" is hardcoded to the Shadowdancer's kit ID. That kit feature cannot be copied to any other kit, single or multiclass.

Alright cool, thank you for clarifying.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:21 PM, Graion Dilach said:

Discuss it with SadieGamer first, although I see no reason against this one.

Sound fair, I'll post over on BeamDog today or tomorrow once work calms down.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:21 PM, Graion Dilach said:

TBH, I agree with doc, I have my own multikits in a private weidu mod, using ADD_KIT_EX. The only thing what ADD_KIT_EX can't cover for multiclasses is top handle op319s used for one of the source kits. And I can confirm 3-classss multikits work, I have an Artisan's Kitpack Arcane Archer/Mage/I Hate Undead Holy Redeemer kit.

Thanks, the kits I made with SadieGamer's tool are working just fine so far, but it's good to have confirmation it can work via ADD_KIT_EX too.

I'm not keen on the idea of an iterative mod pumping out thousands of kits. If I do anything it will essentially be what I laid out above: a glorified kitmod with extra options. On approach, given the info everyone's provided here so far, that doesn't seem too outlandish. The part I need to look into is if it's feasible to generate functional HLA tables from generated kits, or if that's even a necessary thing.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:16 AM, Endarire said:

There might be some way - if only via EEex - to add the effects of Hide in Plain Sight to a spell or other ability for other classes/kits to use or to mimic its effects.

I'd have to see the code (and there's probably already someone here who knows this), but given the mod options out there now I'm inclined to agree. 

At any rate I appreciate everyone's input on this thread.