Match trueclass paladins in opcode 319

For the purposes of using the Restrict Item [319] opcode, how can we match trueclass paladins? The IESDEP says class PALADIN matches all paladins, kits included, so this does not work. The question comes about because I am trying to make a Blackguard-usable but other-paladins-unusable item, and cannot use filtering by alignment as other classes may use it as well. Thanks in advance.

So, you want an item that can be used by a lawful good trueclass fighter, can be used by a blackguard, and can't be used by a trueclass paladin? Nope, sorry. I'm pretty sure that's completely impossible. The item usability system is entirely subtractive - it only ever works by making things unusable to some category of creature - and it only considers one characteristic at a time. You can look at kit to exclude trueclass characters, but that'll exclude trueclass characters of all base classes.

Oh, if only opcode 319 had an additional mode which enabled an item for characters that couldn't normally use it.

Edited by jmerry
1 hour ago, jmerry said:

So, you want an item that can be used by a lawful good trueclass fighter, can be used by a blackguard, and can't be used by a trueclass paladin? Nope, sorry. I'm pretty sure that's completely impossible. The item usability system is entirely subtractive - it only ever works by making things unusable to some category of creature - and it only considers one characteristic at a time. You can look at kit to exclude trueclass characters, but that'll exclude trueclass characters of all base classes.

Yup, that is what I would like. I was hoping there was some entry in some ids to match against and only against trueclass paladins that I had missed, but apparently not. Thanks anyway.

... I overstated things there. It's impossible to do it entirely with flags and effects on the item. But that doesn't make it impossible if you work with effects on the character. Enter opcode 180.

Opcode 180 applies to a character, forbidding a specified item. Complete with a message if they try to equip it; for example, you get this message if you try to give the Burning Earth sword with its anti-undead properties to Hexxat: "Hexxat refuses to equip this weapon".

In Hexxat's case, that's an equip effect on her amulet. For your hypothetical not-for-paladins weapon, there isn't an always-equipped item we can rely on, so we need to apply the effect to the character through a spell. And when you want to apply a spell to a specific class/kit combination, there's an obvious choice of application method: the kit's CLAB. Create a new spell that 180's your weapon, and AP_ it at level 1 to the good paladin kits (Trueclass CLABPA01, Cavalier CLABPA02, Inquisitor CLABPA03, Undead Hunter CLABPA04). Fallen paladins use CLABPA05, and you could allow the item for them by simply not including the spell. For mod paladin kits ... there, you'd need to parse 2DAs to figure out what to do.