Would like some advice on using Ai to merge a photo with a current NPC portrait?

Hi,
I would like to check if anyone here is proficient with using AI to make art?

i am very new to the whole concept of using AI being a very inexperienced person with all these tools.

I have been playing the Baldur's gate games on and off over the last 20 years and I have been using some photos of my favorite celebrities as replacement portraits for some of my favorite NPCs in game. I asked many months back and got some suggestions but i tried them out and am still very lost with the whole process and got very overwhelmed with the whole process and ended up backing away from the whole endeavor.

Recently looking at some NPC portrait replacements using AI on the nexus mods page, made me wonder if i could use AI to merge my favorite photo's with the original NPC portrait of that NPC, basically just changing the face of that NPC to my favorite photo but keeping the rest of the portrait more or less the same or at least in the same aesthetic. It would increase the immersion i experience while playing the game by alot.

But i have no idea of how to begin in this endeavor.
I would like to ask advice if this is possible with the current AI tools and how would i go about doing this? If you could go more in depth with step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated as it is a new learning process for me.

Thank you and best regards
Edited by Ryofu