Corrupt WED files lead to areas crash

Hello !

I have a few corrupted wed for the mod Paladin of Faerun and I have no idea what to do...

For XG0004, I can use the existing AR5200 since it's the same zone, but if anyone can give me a hand with the others that would be great.

Here are the files, I don't know if anything else is needed for verification.

Same for XGMBOW03.itm, but the problem is less serious.

WED.png

XG0004.WED XG0046.WED XG0066.WED XG0075.WED XG0564.WED XG1220.WED XGMBOW3.itm

Edited by JohnBob

I have run XG0046.WED, XG0066.WED and XG1220.WED through an old test project of mine that disassembles and reassembles WED files, which apparently fixed the unused bytes. But I didn't test it in-game.

The errors of tile indices being out of range indicate either an update of the TIS files where some tiles were removed, or an incorrect tile mapping in the WED file. You could try to fix it by setting the out-of-range indices to the last valid tile index from the TIS file. But that should be thoroughly tested.

The corrupted ITM file is more puzzling. The bogus data indices two unused effect entries (either for the ability section or the feature block), but the numbers don't quite fit. There are still 8 bytes remaining that can't be properly assigned.

Depending on where you remove the 8 bytes of data (front or back) the unused effects either contain damage opcode (stunning) and a "cast spell" opcode (invisibility), or a damage opcode (stunning) and a corrupted AC bonus opcode definition. I'd suggest to delete all bytes and recreate possibly missing effects based on item description.

fixed_weds.zip

Edited by argent77

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I'll test your corrections and see if I can fix the other two following your advices, for the item I was thinking of recreating it completely but indeed redo only the effect could be enough.

By the way thanks for updating Near Infinity, an essential tool !

Edited by JohnBob