Mac OS mod installation help

Hi guys, my apologies if this is the wrong sub forum to post this but hoping somebody can help me out with this. Running into a couple error messages while trying to install CD tweaks, SCS and trying to install any kits on mac. Never ran into these error messages in the past but just upgraded my computer and would love to get BG cooking again.

Most of my modlist is installing just fine, other than those three. I'm on the latest Ventura update. Granted weidu permissions, allowed read & writes through get info but can't troubleshoot it for the life of me.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "rename", "override/0ikmorph.bcs") - CD tweaks error

ERROR: Failure("resource [DW#MARKER_FILE.ITM] not found for 'COPY'") - SCS error

ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: fl#add_kit_ee") - kit error

ERROR: Failure("resource [CLABMA01.2DA] not found for 'APPEND'") - kit error

Attached my debug logs if that helps any further. Thanks lads.

stratagems.debug cdtweaks.debug

Edited by hopeful

These very much look like filesystem errors. Failing a copy/rename/save operation. Failing to load a marker file, either because it wasn't copied in the first place or it couldn't find the file after it was copied. Failing to find a function because the library file containing it wasn't loaded. Failing to load a game resource which is packed up in an archive somewhere.

Did you make sure to apply those permissions to the entire contents of the folder?

@jmerry I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to terminal but that does kind of seem to be the case. Although an odd install here with more style for mages, every component installed just fine but one where it seemed to be locating and editing the robe files okay but ran into an issue. I'll link it for example. 

It's wild how much you have to manually grant permission wise in the newer mac updates, older versions everything installed no issue. Is there any command I can run to grant the entirety of it permission vs manually enabling each folder? Or anything specific that needs read/write I could try? I thought I had R/W everyone enabled with pretty much everything in BGs package contents but I could be missing something. Has me beat trying to trouble shoot it. 

msfm.debug

Neither here nor there, but I have discovered that you can install new instances of MacOS onto external drives, like you could back in the day. So theoretically, it might be worth grabbing a ~500GB external SSD (I recommend Samsung or Crucial) and installing new OSes there so you can try them out before committing wholly with your “daily driver” computer. 

Personally I am still using 10.14 Mojave, it was a fine OS and I see little reason to change it… until I buy a new laptop, I guess. (Luckily (?) I have one of the butterfly-keyboard junkers from 2016-2018, and the resale value is garbage, so I won’t be upgrading anytime soon.)

So I downloaded BG from a different location than my GOG copy and all my installs worked fine, no idea why as previously I used the GOG version just fine and had no issues modding. Likely run into the same issue with BG2 when it comes time to install it but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. 

That's not a bad idea though, I just picked up 2020 M1 and always have much preferred the older OS'.