Problem With 9 New Mage Spells

Guest the_sextein

Guest the_sextein

When I install the nine new mage spells I have no installation problems but if I launch the game with EEeX the launcher will display an error message saying "line 53 near expected".  If I press ok then the game will launch and everything seems to work fine.  If I uninstall the 9 new mage spells component then the game will launch with no error messages.

Guest the_sextein

To be fair, I'm using Infinity UI which is still beta and I'm using EEex for it's zoom feature so I can make the UI fit my 4k screen.  I'm also using Hidden gameplay option's advanced console because I need the option to be able to teleport from icewind dale EET back to baldur's gate and that too is a beta.  Thing is, I have 30 or so mods installed but the problem only occurs with that single component installed.  All other combinations of mods work fine together.  I updated the UI, console, and SCS yesterday and started having that error code ever since.  I spent a while yesterday uninstalling things until I figured out what component was causing it.  I don't know what that error means or why I'm getting it.  The game plays fine but EEex will error out like that if it doesn't like something in your install.  Personally, I don't mind just leaving it out of my install for the moment but I was curious what you had cooked up so I went ahead and installed the new spells to see what they were like.  Oddly enough, even they 6 priest spells don't cause any problem.  It's just that one component.

Guest the_sextein

Pecca's UI has different values than the default and this can cause problems.  For example, the option to install thief points in groups of 5 will throw up an error as well.  He plans to work on SCS compatibility in the near future so it's not something that you need to spend your time on if you don't use these mods yourself.  I'm sure he will contact you if issues pop up he can't fix himself.  I just figured I would report on anything problems I find in case people know about work arounds or temporary fixes that I could use.

Guest the_sextein

One last thing, I have installed all SCS options and the previously mentioned components are the only ones that cause errors but the game plays fine after launching with them.  Thief points seems like something Pecca will need to fix but I wasn't so sure about the spells.  I don't think I've ever used custom spells like these before so the cause of the problem I'm not so sure about.