Having trouble with SELECT_COMMON for new npc

TotalMilk90

I'm fiddling around with creating some new NPC's for BG:EE and while I've been able to successfully get all of their sound lines into their creature file, the selected ones don't seem to fire when I click on their character portrait. All of their other lines work correctly though. I've been using this guide on Beamdog and have been looking through other NPC mods but I'm not understanding what I seem to be missing here.

Is it not just as simple as adding these lines to the TP2?:

SAY SELECT_COMMON1 @1070
     SAY SELECT_COMMON2 @1071
     SAY SELECT_COMMON3 @1072
     SAY SELECT_COMMON4 @1073
     SAY SELECT_COMMON5 @1074
     SAY SELECT_COMMON6 @1075

If this is relevant - I haven't yet added the actual sounds yet and these are all just text. That's not something I'll be ready to do for a while still.

52 minutes ago, TotalMilk90 said:

If this is relevant - I haven't yet added the actual sounds yet and these are all just text. That's not something I'll be ready to do for a while still.

Hello !

It may be relevant yes, I had the same issue for the same lines with the ChaosKnight from Askaria Quest. (The npc has no audio and every lines appears but SELECT_COMMON1 to 6)

So @Graion Dilach recommended me to add a blank audio file for these entries and indeed problem solved.

Here is the commit that correct the issue.

It's not very clear in it...

I only added the blank audio file with no sound and the sound references in tra files.

But the reason for these lines not working properly without an audio remains a mystery.

EDIT : The issue arises for BGEE / EET, but not for BGT.

Edited by JohnBob