Question about program called "Blender" and using it to edit or import new sprites

There's a program called Blender that allows one to for example alter 3d models into 2d, isometric perspective included. I figured that if it can do that, it should probably be capable of editing the existing ones somehow, perhaps adding a new hairstyle, change clothing, maybe add wings to Aerie for once - and I know that there's technically an item to do that, but maybe one can expand selection and add bat wings of that Planescape demon chick etc.

On top of that, there have been tons of new isometric games over the years and some of their models are actually quite decent. You think it's possible to use blender and import them into BG in a somewhat similar style presented there?

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=l1Io7fLYV4o

This is the video I stumbled upon, and honestly, it doesn't seem that complicated or time consuming since it's mostly importing assets. And can something like this be used to import building assets?

How difficult would it be to for example "BGify" some of the assets seen in these games such as Desperados 1-3, Arcanum, Wolcen, Path of Exile, Last Epoch etc. There are even a few strategy games like Stronghold 1 and Age of Empires 2 that have a few interesting buildings that I feel could fit rather nicely, at least with some work. And you have the benefit of editing something rather than constructing it from scratch.

Could possibly give content creators some extra toys to play with? Or has this been tested and deemed impossible, too hard, or not worth it from time and effort perspective. I guess one thing is using blender to edit models, another is to import buildings and such, probably a bit harder process, no?