[35.6] Provision system stopped working.

Guest some dude

Guest some dude

After the first time I rested in an Inn the provision system stopped working.

Now first I need to ask what actually is the mechanism in the Provision system? I ask because I myself changed all the store prices and resting prices using NearInfinity after installing the mods(about half of Ascension v2.0.26, The Wheels of Prophecy v8.5, most of Stratagems v35.6, and most of Tweaks Anthology v16 installed in that order... I had "Revised resting: resting in the wild uses up provisions" installed but I did NOT install "Revised inn rooms: more expensive, more benefits"). According to NearInfinity only a few of the stores were edited by the mods I had installed so I don't know how editing them could have messed the system. But what do I know? Some stores and inns changed by me were from an earlier version of Stratagems(I had already edited them in 35.1 and just copied them to 35.6), but again according to NearInfinity Stratagems or any other mod had not touched most of them.

Anyway I rested in the Athlatkan Graveyard Lower Tombs and it says "You have replenished your provisions at the inn." I had 4 provisions out of 5 left and it stays 4 no matter how many times I rest in the lower tombs or in the sewers(and I guess anywhere).

I can go to an inn and it raises back to 5 but won't solve the promblem. It drops to 4 when I rest in dungeon and then starts saying "You have replenished your provisions at the inn." and stays at 4.

If I don't go to an inn at all then every time I rest in a dungeon the provisions get lower and eventually they drain.

So did I mess the system myself by changing the stores and inns or is it something else?

Guest some dude

Good to have the provision system working in 35.7. It is the best new feature in my opinion. Do you think I could install 35.7 and still continue the game with my BG2EE 35.6 saves? Even though I just rested first time in an inn I got pretty far.

I also ask is there a way to edit the benefits of the inn rooms using NearInfinity? As I'm not gonna install "Revised inn rooms" but still would like to give the better rooms more benefits than just +1hp per improvement and I only know how to edit with NearInfinity.

Yes, continuing with 35.6 saves should be fine.

The inn benefits are hardcoded, you can't get at them through NI. 'Revised inn rooms' does a UI hack to get around that.

Is there a specific bit of 'revised inn rooms' you don't like? You could try to customize it maybe.

Guest some dude

The "revised inn rooms" give too much bonuses and make the better rooms cost way too much in my opinion. Just healing +5 hp per improvement would be enough for me.

At the moment as each improvement only heals you +1 hp, I myself changed the rooms to cost: 20, 25, 30, 35 with some exeptions.