Latest version released: beta 4

The latest version is now out. I spoke too soon when I said that I thought beta 3 might have a stable architecture - beta 4 required a quite major rebuild of a part of the UI editing system to handle foreign-language issues. I think the new system is solid but there might be downstream consequences I haven't anticipated.

I have long lists of specific bugs with ToF (mostly with HLAs) and this release doesn't address most of them: it's aimed at broader architecture-level issues. But I wanted to get it into people's hands as soon as I could, since it will take me a while to work through the more specific list.

Change-log:

• Reasonably systematic rebuilding of the part of the UI system that detects a character's kit and class, to avoid problems caused by accents and other non-alphanumeric symbols in kit names. This should fix various serious UI glitches people (mostly people uing non-English installs) were encountering.
  • Kit-editing functions no longer choke on externalized weapon proficiencies of lower-cased kits (don't ask, but it was stopping, e.g., Amber from being compatible)
  • 2da files now try to cope better with the proliferation of illegal 2da formats in the mod ecology.
  • CLAB-editing functions no longer delete CLAB rows outside the "ABILITY[0-9]+" namespace.
  • Fixed a logic error in the function that handles stripping mid-level effects off HLAs; inter alia this was confusing SR.
  • Protection from Fire no longer gets an annoying animation glitch from 'IWD-inspired tweaks to BG spells'.
  • Library files no longer get confused trying to read in saving throws when they are defined up to level 50 for some classes and level 40 for others.
  • Fixed a library bug that meant Polymorph Self and Shapechange were losing their casting-bar icons.
  • Hill Giant barbarian rage (from Polymorph Self) no longer persists once you shapechange to something else.
  • Tweaked Chromatic orb now correctly gives no saving throw against damage.
  • A few miscellaneous library bug fixes.