Issues with innate spell sequencers component

Guest Dr_Niide

Guest Dr_Niide

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing issues regarding the innate spell sequencers component. Normally, when you cast a spell and your character outreaches the distance at which the spell can be cast, the character moves forward to close the gap and casts that particular spell. But when you put some spells in sequencers and try to do the same, you lose the spells and a text string is displayed: "Some of the spells have failed". This happens as far as I've tested, with burning hands, glitterdust, Agannazar's schorcher and Combust. I'm pretty sure there are many more. But with some others it works well, for example, Web, Color Spray, Horror, Spook, Ice Knife...

I've tested with Minor Sequencer, but with Spell Sequencer it happens the same. And when you put one spell that works and another that doesn't, the first one is cast as it should, but the latter fails.

This happens even without any other mods installed, just the innate spell sequencer component installed.

Guest Dr_Niide

Ups, you're right. I guess it's been many years without playing the unmodded game. I've just tested and it's the same behavior, even with classic BG2. Damn! Anyway, with glitterdust you need to be even closer to throw the sequencer than the spell's own range, which is 30 ft, so at visual range it should work, but it doesn't.

By the way, David, really appreciate all your mods and hardwork.