How to control the direction of an animation with VVC?

I went https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/file_formats/ie_formats/vvc_v1.htm to see how a VVC works, and tried to make the game to select the appropriate bam sequence according to orientation of enemy.

Firstly,  I wrote SPRDRABU to 0x0008 on a new VVC file, as the SPRDRABU.bam with 9 sequences may be a fine example. Then set 0x0030 to 1.

Secondly, I tried some value on 0x0038, 0x003c and 0x0040, and played the VVC in game, but nothing different happens.

I also tried to check the Mirror X axis and Mirror Y axis on VVC, but the orientation of animation is always downward.

Is that possible to change the orientation of animation through VVC?

You need "Face Target" set, BIT0 of offset 0x40.  SPRDRABU.BAM will also require "Mirror X Axis".  Set # of orientations (0x38) to 16.

You will likely want "Modify for height", and for SPRDRABU.BAM, some extra height using a positive "Position: Z", unless the creature using it is using one of the hardcoded dragon animations.

However, it's direction is based on where the creature is moving, not the direction it is facing.  If used on a stationary creature, it will remain facing downward until the creature moves.

5 hours ago, kjeron said:

You need "Face Target" set, BIT0 of offset 0x40.  SPRDRABU.BAM will also require "Mirror X Axis".  Set # of orientations (0x38) to 16.

You will likely want "Modify for height", and for SPRDRABU.BAM, some extra height using a positive "Position: Z", unless the creature using it is using one of the hardcoded dragon animations.

However, it's direction is based on where the creature is moving, not the direction it is facing.  If used on a stationary creature, it will remain facing downward until the creature moves.

THX! I tried to set offset 0x40 to 2 and got the perfect VVC that orientates its facing direction.